Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #1
roborix
roborix began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 613
Pocketbook 613 problem

Today I got my brand new PocketBook 613. At the beggining everything seemed fine but after some time the screen began to randomly freeze. Everything is still on the screen but not a single button works, except for the ON/OFF button. After a restart of the device everything seems normal again untill it once again ramdomly freezes. So, how can I solve this problem?
roborix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I don't know about the 613, but the default on the Pro models is to lock the screen and freeze out the buttons if you tap the power button. You see a little key symbol in the top right corner to indicate when that happens. Maybe something like that is happening to you, rather than an actual bug.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
roborix

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I don't know about the 613, but the default on the Pro models is to lock the screen and freeze out the buttons if you tap the power button. You see a little key symbol in the top right corner to indicate when that happens. Maybe something like that is happening to you, rather than an actual bug.
Yes, I'm aware of that. When you tap the power button, a lock apears in the middle of the screen. However this problem happens whithout pressing that button and no lock apears. Everything seems fine except that not a single button works except for the power one.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #4
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
What are your settings under Configuration -> Clock, especially Lock Keyboard after and Power down after?
Does a change there improve something?
And sometimes the function page forward needs two taps, the first seems to awaken the device (and one thinks nothing happens) and the second actually turns the page.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
roborix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
What are your settings under Configuration -> Clock, especially Lock Keyboard after and Power down after?
Does a change there improve something?
And sometimes the function page forward needs two taps, the first seems to awaken the device (and one thinks nothing happens) and the second actually turns the page.

Lock Keyboard after is set to off and Power down after is set to 20 minutes. In the beggining it was set to lock after 10 min. and I had already changed it into off, but it does not fix the problem.
Advert
Old 12-28-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Many people have posted here in the past who had inadvertently locked the screen and didn't know why the device was unresponsive, so it's worth bringing up with every new poster that has a similar problem. Please don't think that we think you're incompetent or anything, it's just worth double-checking that first before looking elsewhere for what's wrong.

If the device is more or less in its stock condition, then it sounds like you have a lemon. Perhaps it's worth checking to see if there is a newer firmware version on the PB website that you can flash to the device. If not, you should probably get a replacement device.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:40 AM   #7
varbedo
varbedo began at the beginning.

don't know whether the problem is already solved. I had the same problem with my new PB 613, updated the firmware and no more hangs.

The latest firmware release notes also say:

The problem of periodical device hanging up is fixed.
varbedo is offline   Reply With Quote