Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-14-2012, 08:45 AM   #1
Rubens Sayegh
Rubens Sayegh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
How to Install applications?

Greetings!

I have a Kindle Touch with Special Offers, ver. 5.1.2, and have already Jailbreak it successfully...

Then, I was willing to install some "outside" apps, like Sudoku, Chess, etc.
But, as I still consider myself as a newbie, I got stuck...

I found some great posts here, great ideas, and many useful tips and apps, but some of them just say "Here is the new version of XYZ for KT...", with a ZIP or RAR file attached...

I understand this section is for users with familiarity in installing/uninstalling applications, and other advanced tasks...

But as I said... I´m a newbie...
Sorry for this question (I tried searching as well...)

How do I install?

Do I copy the compacted file to the root folder and "Update My Kindle"?
Do I have to force USBnetwork and issue some Linux commands?
Is there a "default" procedure to install these apps in KT?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Rubens Sayegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #2
aranwe
Enthusiast
aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!aranwe , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle Touch
most of these apps are launched via yifanlu launcher so here is link to the GUI Launcher install package ... just drop it to root of USB drive and launch update from settings. Then there will be extensions folder no your usb drive ... just put the apps there (for more info read the wiki article).
aranwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Another "How to" thread title that asks a question? "How to" is an English idiom for "instructional guide".

For future threads, it would be less confusing if questionable thread titles such as this one started with "How can I" instead of "How to".
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
HowTo sounds a lot like: HowDo <I ...>
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
HowTo sounds a lot like: HowDo <I ...>
So, do we need a "HowDo" prefix and index wiki then?
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
So, do we need a "HowDo" prefix and index wiki then?
Yeah, right after the: "HelpMe" and the "CodeThis" prefixes.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:05 PM   #7
Rubens Sayegh
Rubens Sayegh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Sorry about that..

Instead of "How To...", I should have used "How do I...". That's right.
But, as I said, newbies are supposed to slipping now and then...

Anyway, thanks for the ideas and guidance. I will try to be more proactive from now on.

Cheers!
Rubens Sayegh is offline   Reply With Quote