Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-13-2018, 07:05 PM   #271
Roxalon
Roxalon began at the beginning.

Device: Digma r63s
Hi mars owners! I have a question: How do you find battery life and the build quality? I've heard conflicting reviews about these to things...
Roxalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:38 PM   #272
Roxalon
Roxalon began at the beginning.

Device: Digma r63s
I guess I asked in a wrong thread, it is for the better though, I would like to no the same about likebook plus too
Roxalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 09:19 PM   #273
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I have no issues. Works fine.

When I read more I charge maybe twice a week. It depends on how much back light and wifi I use. Otherwise once a week or every other week.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 01:04 AM   #274
aduffbrew
Enthusiast
aduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the roughaduffbrew is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boox Nova 2 & iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxalon View Post
I guess I asked in a wrong thread, it is for the better though, I would like to no the same about likebook plus too
The build quality is excellent. With exception to possibly the recessed e-ink touch panel, you won’t find a better spec’ed out eReader... especially in the Mars version. It’s the software that’s a little quirky but still enjoyable and absolutely on par with other open Android readers.

I’m not too attached to either Nook or Kindle but both android apps are quite usable on Likebook with only a few interface glitches. Honestly, though, I’m probably going with a future Kobo reader when it comes time to replace my Likebook Plus. Android apps like Overdrive, Libby, Kindle, Nook, etc just aren’t optimized for e-ink. The Kobo UI includes Overdrive and their bookstore is first rate... all in one place with solid consistent performance without any of the required fiddling.
aduffbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:38 AM   #275
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
I don't use a dictionary with it. But I see that it supports several dictionaries (for example ColorDict, GoldenDict, MDict) and has a Share option making it compatible with basically any dictionary or other app.
I've installed it, but can't see folder's names and home screen is too much dark.

Is this app eink adapted? I think it's not. Cinfiguration isn't flexible in order to change screen's grey levels.
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:53 AM   #276
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
I've installed it, but can't see folder's names and home screen is too much dark.

Is this app eink adapted? I think it's not. Cinfiguration isn't flexible in order to change screen's grey levels.
You can open books from an external app, for example Boyue Books or Total Commander. Actually I do this all the time (mostly with CoolReader which I use for epubs) so I didn't notice the problem with EBookDroid. But you're right - it doesn't show folder names on this eink device. However I didn't notice a problem with a home screen. And actual reading (white on black or black on white) also works very well.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 06:54 AM   #277
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Images - Use it to set the cover image of the current book I'm reading as the Standby image.
link to that?
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 12:58 PM   #278
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by whopper View Post
Quote:
Comic Viewer - Use it to set the cover image of the current book I'm reading as the Standby image.
link to that?
The name seems to have changed at some point, I updated my post. When I click on any image it opens in the included Comic Viewer app. This app lets me use hand gestures to stretch the image to fit the screen. When the image fills the screen I click on the center of the image to bring up the menu bar. To set the image as the standby image I click on the icon to the right of the image name. Once set, I click the left arrow in the menu bar to exit the app.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote