Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 02-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
sherbearjt08
Connoisseur
sherbearjt08 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Should I update CM7?

I rooted my Nook Color in July 2011. I don't remember what I used. Should I consider updating? I used the YouTube video instructions that were available at the time. Any thoughts, directions, etc? Will it hurt what I have saved on my card or can I just drag over a new CM build? Thanks!
sherbearjt08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:09 AM   #2
rxmom03
Addict
rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rxmom03 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pixel 8, iPad Air, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Clara 2E
I vote "Yes!" I had a question about this earlier https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=166563 and I'm so glad I did. It's easy to do, and I got improved performance from my NC.

Mary
rxmom03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #3
thecdn
thecdn began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Nexus 7
No update since July 2011? I put a new rom on at least once a week

Definitely update, lots of good choices out there. Are you running off your card now and want to update that? Then follow the above but do copy any files you want to your pc as you will have to format the card.
thecdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
oppy
Connoisseur
oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nook Color
Yes!!
oppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:00 AM   #5
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

DEFINITELY update. Try some new ROMs, too.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:23 PM   #6
sherbearjt08
Connoisseur

Since I used the directions on YouTube, can I just do the update method? I assume I can just copy my SD card contents to a file on my computer, then follow the steps, then copy back files I want?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #7
sherbearjt08
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecdn View Post
No update since July 2011? I put a new rom on at least once a week

Definitely update, lots of good choices out there. Are you running off your card now and want to update that? Then follow the above but do copy any files you want to your pc as you will have to format the card.

You do this once a week? I don't have time for that. I just mainly use it for all the reader apps anyway. Don't play a lot of games. I am running off the card now, made from the instructions off the original YouTube video everyone used back then. I assume if I copy files I can just go ahead and follow the steps in the link and I will be ok?
Old 02-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #8
sherbearjt08
Connoisseur

Help!

Ok, I moved the zip files to the SD Card, rebooted to SD Card/Normal and it loaded. The robot symbol came up said loading CM7. Is that all I do? Is there a place to check to make sure 7.1 was installed?
Old 03-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #9
oppy
Connoisseur
oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.oppy knows the square root of minus one.

If it booted, more than likely the update was successful. I'd stay away from YouTube vids, because they might be out-of-date. Best way to update would be to check Taosaur's tutorials or XDA.

You can check your version by looking at "Settings" then "About tablet".
Old 03-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #10
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Funny, I created my own CM7 card a couple of months ago on the stable version of CM7, and have been wondering if I should update to one of the nightlies. Is there a rule of thumb you use on deciding when to update?
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #11
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChupaLibro View Post
Funny, I created my own CM7 card a couple of months ago on the stable version of CM7, and have been wondering if I should update to one of the nightlies. Is there a rule of thumb you use on deciding when to update?
Last official nightly build I've seen was back in November 2011. Personally waiting for CM9 before updating. I'm using CM9 alpha 2 on my TouchPad and it works beautifully. It's really a lot nicer than Gingerbread.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:07 AM   #12
oppy
Connoisseur

There's a nice 7.2-based build called Mirage posted over on XDA. I've been using it, with a couple of tweaks of course, for the last couple months.

I agree with ilovejedd - once CM9 comes out with a more stable release I'll make the switch.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #13
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by oppy View Post
There's a nice 7.2-based build called Mirage posted over on XDA. I've been using it, with a couple of tweaks of course, for the last couple months.

I agree with ilovejedd - once CM9 comes out with a more stable release I'll make the switch.
Tried it but it doesn't work well running from SD card and it was suggested it works best from the Nook itself. Possibly works okay on a brand new load to SD but wasn't prepared to mess around backing up everything and reloading on a new install.

7.1 stable works great for me with no problems.
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote