Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-03-2020, 12:32 AM   #1
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
Kobo Forma Calibre communication issue

My Kobo Forma stopped communicating with Calibre today and gives a message "Error Communicating with Device". It still appears to communicate with the Kobo app on my Mac (Catalina). It has worked like a champ till tonight. It occurred after I sent some new books to the Device. I couldn't find them on the Forma, so I reconnected to the Mac and the error came up. The Forma shows up under Device, but has 0 books in Calibre. The Forma still appears to work fine.
Any ideas? I am bummed!

calibre, version 4.17.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 513, in _books
File "site-packages/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 1958, in books
File "src/cursor.c", line 236, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

Last edited by jmmcg9; 06-03-2020 at 12:34 AM.
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 12:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-touch-glo-etc
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2020, 01:00 AM   #3
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
Thank you so much. World Class Customer service!
Signing out and back in solved the problem.
The only bummer is I lost all of my settings along with the reading location in my current book ,which is not surprising. I also lost the Webster 1913 dictionary I had added.
Could have been much worse!
Thanks! Joe
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote