Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 06-19-2020, 05:27 PM   #1
keyshanaj
keyshanaj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 10 (gen 7)
CC not finding library HD 10 (7th gen)

I have an HD Fire 10, 7th gen. I had to reset to factory spec to fix an issue, and now my CC cannot 'see' my kindle library no matter where I put the folder. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the program, the same for the folder, along with all the books. If I put it in the sd root directory, nothing. Inside a folder? Nothing. Inside a folder in a folder? Nothing. I'm about ready to give up on it, even though I bought the full version. Any suggestions?
keyshanaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 12:52 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
cc only "sees" the books that it has itself fetched from calibre to the device. and it only fetches the formats it is configured to fetch

so have you connected to calibre ( as wireless device or to content server ) and re-fetched any books since the reset

are you using the amazon app store version of cc, and how have you configured it ( a full reset will have wiped all previous settings )
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 02:26 PM   #3
keyshanaj

The library is on my sd card, and it has always seen it before. (using the library on cloud method). I have never 'fetched' my books in the first place. I just chose the cloud for source, and chose the proper folder. I had this problem the first time, but don't remember how I had to fix it.

I am using the full version Amazon app. Before I did the reset, I listed all my app settings for all apps I have, and put them back the way I had them.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:05 AM   #4
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

it will be a permissions thing then.
can other apps see the sd card ok and see the library OK

get cc to learn about Sd card by setting up a default download folder on it, within CC preferences. it may then walk you through a process of getting permissions.
if that does not work, you'll have to wait for some one else's ideas
Old 06-21-2020, 12:04 PM   #5
keyshanaj

CC sees the sd card and everything just fine. Just not the calibre folder. I even tried copying everything from the calibre folder to a folder labeled 'books'. It can see that folder, but sees nothing in it.
Old 06-21-2020, 12:42 PM   #6
stumped
Wizard

It has to see a file called metadata.db, for a library.
Is that file there, in the library folder ?
Old 06-21-2020, 02:35 PM   #7
stumped
Wizard

Ps. The Amazon app store version of cc should still be the last version released by Chalet & co, the original developers. New team has not yet done an Amazon version.

How did you put the library onto your SD Card in the first place ? Can you repeat that process of all else fails.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:17 AM   #8
keyshanaj

Yes, the file is there, and I put it on the sd card by using a card reader on my PC. Just like last time. And yes, I have tried redoing it a few times, up to and including both reformatting the sd card and trying a new sd card.
Old 06-22-2020, 05:29 AM   #9
stumped
Wizard

Are you sure that cc has read and write access to sd card. It should have asked at some point?

Try, as suggested before, telling cc to create a default download location on the card, see what happens.
I know you should not need that just to see the library but it is the only way I can think of to force a check of cc ability to use the card.
Checking cc app permissions may also help.
Otherwise your best option may be to pm chaley for advice
Old 06-24-2020, 03:21 PM   #10
keyshanaj

Thanks.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:48 PM   #11
Stillie418
Stillie418 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Kindle Fire 10 is not recognized by Calibre

I have been using Calibre for years to convert books to MOBI format. I have always plugged my kindle into my computer when I have my Calibre Library open and Calibre has always recognized my kindle and I was able to send files to my kindle from Calibre.

I purchased a new Kindle Fire 10 7th gen and when I plug it into my computer and try to move files to my kindle from calibre nothing happens.

Did something happen between the Kindle Fire 7 and this latest version ???

Is there a way to do this?

I appreciate any help I can get.
Stillie418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:13 AM   #12
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillie418 View Post
I have been using Calibre for years to convert books to MOBI format. I have always plugged my kindle into my computer when I have my Calibre Library open and Calibre has always recognized my kindle and I was able to send files to my kindle from Calibre.

I purchased a new Kindle Fire 10 7th gen and when I plug it into my computer and try to move files to my kindle from calibre nothing happens.

Did something happen between the Kindle Fire 7 and this latest version ???

Is there a way to do this?

I appreciate any help I can get.
You need to go into the Fire settings app for USB and select the option for file transfer. I have to do that everytime I connect it to my computer. Once i do that everything is fine. But it will always default to Calibre not seeing the device, even if you had it working 5 minutes before and unplugged it for some reason and plugged it back in. You'll have to go to seetings again. I belive this is a recent firmware change, when I bought the Fire it didn't do that.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library folder, sd card