Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 05-30-2015, 10:47 AM   #1
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
"Date Added (CC)" in the book list?

I know I can sort by "Date Added (CC)" in the book list. I can also show it on individual book details screen. What I'd like is to show it on the book list screen. I've tried (I think) everywhere on the Customize The Book List, Extra Information on the book list, but can't find the "Date Added (CC)" to add to the extra information. This is probably one of those that is quite obvious to everyone but me. I'd appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 12:56 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
How about Settings - Sorting - Select sorts displayed on book list.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2015, 01:01 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
I know I can sort by "Date Added (CC)" in the book list. I can also show it on individual book details screen. What I'd like is to show it on the book list screen. I've tried (I think) everywhere on the Customize The Book List, Extra Information on the book list, but can't find the "Date Added (CC)" to add to the extra information. This is probably one of those that is quite obvious to everyone but me. I'd appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.
I originally didn't add the CC internal date fields to the selection dialog. I added the internal date read field because my wife asked for it, but I didn't think to add the others. I will fix that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
How about Settings - Sorting - Select sorts displayed on book list.
This works if the list is sorted by CC date read.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:14 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This works if the list is sorted by CC date read.
Re: the Select sorts displayed on book list option. I tried this before responding to peaceridge and it worked OK with Date Added. However, I've just tried to use it again and now nothing at all happens when I try to press this particular Setting. All the other Sorting options seem to be working.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 01:28 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Re: the Select sorts displayed on book list option. I tried this before responding to peaceridge and it worked OK with Date Added. However, I've just tried to use it again and now nothing at all happens when I try to press this particular Setting. All the other Sorting options seem to be working.
Thanks. This is a me-made problem. I put some preferences into two categories to make it easier to find them. Unfortunately it appears that if the preference is clickable then only the first works. It works in the entry in book details.
Advert
Old 05-30-2015, 01:40 PM   #6
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I originally didn't add the CC internal date fields to the selection dialog. I added the internal date read field because my wife asked for it, but I didn't think to add the others. I will fix that.
That would be great! But only if it is an easy fix - I'm not sure how many people would want it. I do because I'm always adding free ebooks and wanted a way to see how old they are in order to decide whether they are worth keeping.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:43 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
That would be great! But only if it is an easy fix - I'm not sure how many people would want it. I do because I'm always adding free ebooks and wanted a way to see how old they are in order to decide whether they are worth keeping.
Done and released.

I am sure that CC has more than one option that only a few people use, and possibly has options that no one uses.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:06 AM   #8
peaceridge
Guru

Quote:
Done and released.

I am sure that CC has more than one option that only a few people use, and possibly has options that no one uses.
Thank you so very much - I just downloaded it and it works perfectly!