Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 04-04-2015, 09:47 AM   #1
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy S3, Nexus 7.2
The option to "Clear default reader apps" may not be working. I had selected Mantano as my default reader for epub but CC still remembers and does not allow to changing of the reader app.

Last edited by chaley; 04-04-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Dhevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 12:04 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhevi View Post
The option to "Clear default reader apps" may not be working. I had selected Mantano as my default reader for epub but CC still remembers and does not allow to changing of the reader app.
It works for me. Send me a debug log. Send it only to me by deleting the multipie.co.uk address.

Last edited by chaley; 04-04-2015 at 01:01 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-04-2015, 01:04 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

According to that debug log the only reader app you have installed is Mantano. Do you have other reader apps installed?

I note that your books are on an SD card. Back when selecting a reader app worked, were the books there? I also note that you are running lollipop. Has it worked since the upgrade?

What happens if you try to open a book using a file manager?
Old 04-04-2015, 01:19 PM   #4
Dhevi
Zealot
Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dhevi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The only reader apps presently installed are Kindle for Samsung (though all my files managed by CC are .epub), Mantano and Play Books (which doesn't behave like most typical reader apps). I'm installing Moon+ Reader Pro again at this moment.

When initially selecting a reader app the books were on external SD card, same directory they are in presently.

The lollipop update was a very recent update as of yesterday. Prior to the update, using Kitkat I had rare occasion to clear the default reader app and so cannot say if the function was working prior to lollipop within the last 4-5 months.

And now that Moon+ Reader Pro is installed, attempting to open a book using the native File manager prompts me to select Upload to Play Books, or Open with Mantano or Moon+ Reader Pro and choosing if Just Once or Always.

Returning to CC and selected a book to READ prompts me to Choose Reader and if I wish to set as default epub.

Perhaps unless more than 1 reader app that supports the book format is installed the default reader remains ... selected?
Old 04-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhevi View Post
Returning to CC and selected a book to READ prompts me to Choose Reader and if I wish to set as default epub.

Perhaps unless more than 1 reader app that supports the book format is installed the default reader remains ... selected?
If there is only one reader app that can handle a format then CC launches it without checking if any app is selected or otherwise asking for permission.
Advert
Old 04-04-2015, 03:44 PM   #6
Dhevi
Zealot

That would explain my prior issue. Thank you for your time and attention.