Old 10-29-2014, 03:16 AM   #1
birkmaggs
Connoisseur
birkmaggs began at the beginning.

Device: galaxy 2
"Application not licensed"

I'm trying to hook my tablet through my wireless network,. I get this message:

-----------------------------
this application does not appear to be licensed correctly through google play,. Please make sure your internet connection is working. and that you have indeed purchased the app through Google Play.

You are now being disconnected from calibre

-------------------

I did buy it through google play

Last edited by birkmaggs; 10-29-2014 at 03:19 AM.
birkmaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 05:08 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
This can happen if:
  • your network does not permit your device to connect to the google play license servers. This is rare but some people have network firewalls in place to prevent such connections.
  • the license servers have not been updated (this is rare because CC waits for an hour before checking the license)
  • your identity set in the play store on the device is not the same as the one used to purchase CC. This is the most common reason for license failures.
  • the device is a kindle or (rare) some other device that doesn't have the google play services installed. The Boyue T62 is example or a device that is shipped without google services. In this case you must manually install the google play services before CC will successfully license.

EDIT: Looking at your other thread "how do I install", you mention that CC is not in the "My Apps" list on your device. This is a very strong indication that the account set up for google play on the device is not the account you used to buy the app.

Last edited by chaley; 10-29-2014 at 05:18 AM. Reason: mention "my apps" from other post
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:15 AM   #3
birkmaggs
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
This can happen if:
  • your network does not permit your device to connect to the google play license servers. This is rare but some people have network firewalls in place to prevent such connections.
  • My network device is a travel router. It's not terribly complicated and I don't see any hint of it having a firewall
  • the license servers have not been updated (this is rare because CC waits for an hour before checking the license)
    Is there a different way of installing without having to go through Google Play? Every experience I've had with it has been unpleasant.
  • your identity set in the play store on the device is not the same as the one used to purchase CC. This is the most common reason for license failures.
    The identity is the same, but I paid with paypal under a different email. I did however register the Paypal with Google Play
  • the device is a kindle or (rare) some other device that doesn't have the google play services installed. The Boyue T62 is example or a device that is shipped without google services. In this case you must manually install the google play services before CC will successfully license.

EDIT: Looking at your other thread "how do I install", you mention that CC is not in the "My Apps" list on your device. This is a very strong indication that the account set up for google play on the device is not the account you used to buy the app.[/QUOTE]

who exactly do I go to in order to sort this out? Do I contact Google? Can you contact Google?! Paypal?

I'll play with it later this evening. As a last resort I'll get a refund and pay through GP instead of Paypal, assuming that is the problem

Last edited by birkmaggs; 10-29-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
birkmaggs
Connoisseur

It appears that you can only get a refund within two hours of purchase. Can the app be sideloaded?
Old 10-29-2014, 11:31 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkmaggs View Post
[*]the license servers have not been updated (this is rare because CC waits for an hour before checking the license)
Is there a different way of installing without having to go through Google Play? Every experience I've had with it has been unpleasant.
The only way to get the app is through the GP store. We don't provide APKs, and in any event if we did they would be identical to what is available from GP.
Quote:
[*]your identity set in the play store on the device is not the same as the one used to purchase CC. This is the most common reason for license failures.
The identity is the same, but I paid with paypal under a different email. I did however register the Paypal with Google Play
As far as I can tell, paypal acts like a credit card, so the paypal account should have no role in licensing.
Quote:
[*]the device is a kindle or (rare) some other device that doesn't have the google play services installed. The Boyue T62 is example or a device that is shipped without google services. In this case you must manually install the google play services before CC will successfully license.[/LIST]
EDIT: Looking at your other thread "how do I install", you mention that CC is not in the "My Apps" list on your device. This is a very strong indication that the account set up for google play on the device is not the account you used to buy the app.

who exactly do I go to in order to sort this out? Do I contact Google? Can you contact Google?! Paypal?
We have no role in app purchasing. Google will not talk to us about customer's financial details.
Quote:
I'll play with it later this evening. As a last resort I'll get a refund and pay through GP instead of Paypal, assuming that is the problem
[/I][/COLOR]
The refund window will get you.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
It appears that you can only get a refund within two hours of purchase. Can the app be sideloaded?
That won't do any good, because it would sideload exactly the same APK you got from google play.

As an experiment, if on your device you go to the google play store, search for "calibre companion", and open the app's page, do you see that it is purchased? If so, then GP knows about it and you should be able to install it from there. If not, then something went wrong. I can't know what, but it usually has something to do with accounts. It also could be that paypal takes time to "confirm" the purchase to google play.

We can issue you a refund, but it will take some time. Please go to http://www.multipie.co.uk, select "contact us", and use the form to ask for a refund. Please be sure to provide the gmail address of your account. It would be very useful as well to have the purchase transaction number. Once we have that info, and once the transaction appears in what we see, we can process the refund.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:48 PM   #7
birkmaggs
Connoisseur

Thanks for getting back to me. I might just try uninstalling and re-installing.

I hope Google Play will approve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
That won't do any good, because it would sideload exactly the same APK you got from google play.

As an experiment, if on your device you go to the google play store, search for "calibre companion", and open the app's page, do you see that it is purchased? If so, then GP knows about it and you should be able to install it from there. If not, then something went wrong. I can't know what, but it usually has something to do with accounts. It also could be that paypal takes time to "confirm" the purchase to google play.

We can issue you a refund, but it will take some time. Please go to http://www.multipie.co.uk, select "contact us", and use the form to ask for a refund. Please be sure to provide the gmail address of your account. It would be very useful as well to have the purchase transaction number. Once we have that info, and once the transaction appears in what we see, we can process the refund.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks for getting back to me. I might just try uninstalling and re-installing.

I hope Google Play will approve.
I hope things work. If you get the license error again, be sure that your device can see the internet then try again. I remember that you are using a travel router, and you might be in a situation where the device can see the calibre machine but not the internet.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:33 PM   #9
birkmaggs
Connoisseur

I uninstalled and reinstalled and I stopped getting the message. And I got it configured to the point where CC was asking for the password and the Google Play message started up again
Old 10-29-2014, 09:47 PM   #10
birkmaggs
Connoisseur

FIXED FINALLY.

I had to enter the ip of the wireless in the settings. I did that before I dont' know why it worked.
Old 10-30-2014, 03:24 AM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
FIXED FINALLY.

I had to enter the ip of the wireless in the settings. I did that before I dont' know why it worked.
I don't know why this would matter either, and would like to know. Could you send me a CC debug log? Go to CC's settings, scroll to the bottom, and choose Send a debug log to multipie. There will be two To: email addresses. Please erase the multipie.co.uk one. You are dealing with me and there isn't any reason to take my son's time (yet). Thanks.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:56 PM   #12
birkmaggs
Connoisseur

I only just saw this just now. and I sent the debug log.