Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #16
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
So Apple has thrown open it's doors to authors and indie publishers to submit their works to iBookstore.

But there's a 'gotcha'. You *MUST* use iTunes Producer - and it *ONLY* works on a Mac system. (You *could* install OS X on your Linux or Win system in dual-boot mode, but who needs the hassle?) Guess I'm buying a Dell Mini 910 and building me a 'Hackintosh' netbook.)

Way to go, Apple!

(NOT!)

Derek

Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
If they didn't want me to run OS X in dual-boot mode, they shouldn't have sold me a copy of Snow Leopard - nor should they have made it capable of installing on and running from any WinTel Core2Quad PC. (Yes, I purchased it direct from Apple.)

Derek
But why bother? You can go with Smashword or Amazon and have access to the iPad/iPhone market and much much more. Going through all the hoops and hurdles for the small iBookStore market doesn't seem worth the effort.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #17
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I hackintoshed a Dell Mini 10v for my daughter and it works good. Technically, you're not allowed to do this but as long as you don't go selling hackintoshed computers (PsyStar) Apple will leave you alone.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert