Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-23-2010, 08:46 PM   #1
Schmots
Connoisseur
Schmots began at the beginning.

Device: nook, prs-505, iphone
trook and a opds catalog of calibre not allowing dl

I put my ebook catalog in the cloud with calibre and calibreopds, it works great to my iphone with stanza, but when I try to use trook I can only browse the entries, if I try to click on the item for an individual book, which would normally dl it or give me that option, it just seems to refresh the page. Anyone else doing this in the cloud with drobbox or other and being able to dl still with trook?

p.s. if I run calibre in content server mode and connect to my local system it works just fine, I want something that works outside my house without port forwarding, i.e. when I am traveling for work.

more info: i tried it in a standard feeds reader and it seems it doesnt follow the book link either. must be trook actually handles the final links differently than the actual stanza app does.

Last edited by Schmots; 03-23-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Schmots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:21 AM   #2
x86demon
x86demon began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
Hi. Try this version of trook http://code.google.com/p/trook-fb2/d...name=Trook.apk
x86demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
smafra
smafra began at the beginning.

Device: nook classic
I´m curious to know if the new version of Trook (Rev:68) helped. In my case, I put the catalog done by calibreopds in public´s folder of Dropbox and tried to fetch it from Trook. It displays the options - Calibre2Opds Documentation (It works fine), Authors recent additions, rating e All books. The symbol of Safari is not displayed in the four later options. What is missing?
smafra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
dpierron
calibre2opds guru
dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.dpierron shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPhone, iPad, PRS-650
You should use the TROOK compatibility mode
dpierron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
smafra
smafra began at the beginning.

Device: nook classic
This are the steps that you must follow (using Trook):

http://dearauthor.com/wordpress/2010...-opds-dropbox/ till step 6.
1. Use the Default mode
2. Chose TROOK in the compatibility level (last dropdown)
3. Press button Generate the catalogs
4. Exit Calibre2opds

Nook Side
1. use Trook
2. Go to My Feeds
3. Open using url from catalog.xml´s dropbox. Something like... http://dl.dropbox.com/u/123456/YourF...og/catalog.xml
4. Bookmark it
5. Refresh... and voilá
You got a cloud e-book library on your Nook.

If you want to browse your books using the Nookdevs Web Browser follow this nice tutorial from user sarasbloke -> http://www.nookboards.com/forum/index.php?topic=3263.0
smafra is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert