Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-24-2009, 06:23 PM   #1
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
ebook-convert doesn't recognize base-font-size parameter

I was trying to use ebook-convert.exe to convert txt to epub, but the --base-font-size was not working for me.
My command is like this:

ebook-convert f:\x.txt f:\x.epub --input-encoding=GBK --no-default-epub-cover --single-line-paras --base-font-size=18 --remove-paragraph-spacing --output-profile=sony --extra-css=f:\style.css

but the message said

Flattening CSS and remapping font sizes...
Source base font size is 12.00000pt
Cleaning up manifest...

maybe it's because the extra css overrode the base font size? If so, how should I modify my css? My current extra css is like this

@font-face {
font-family: "Swis721 BT";
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
src: url(res:///Data/FONT/tt0003m_.ttf)
}
@font-face {
font-weight: bold;
font-style: normal;
}
@font-face {
font-weight: normal;
font-style: italic;
}
@font-face {
font-weight: bold;
font-style: italic;
}
body {
font-family: "Swis721 BT"
}
p.p_normal {
}
p{
}
h3.chapter_heading{
}
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

OK, I added this part in my extra css:

body {
font-size:110%;
}

then the output message said:

Source base font size is 14.52000pt

It's interesting, if I use font-size:100%;, the base font size will be 12 pt, if I use 150%, base font size will be 27.8 (just like 18pt * 150%, which should be).
However, no matter what, the base font in reader (the S font) is always the same, but the M font will change with my different settings.

I want the base font bigger, what should I do?
Advert
Old 12-24-2009, 07:25 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...size-rescaling
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
dracodoc
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I read that page but that didn't answer my question:
the --base-font-size parameter in ebook-convert didn't work.

I removed the sony profile and the extra css from my parameters, it still don't work:

F:\>ebook-convert f:\x.txt f:\x.epub --input-encoding=GBK --no-default-epub-cove
r --single-line-paras --base-font-size=17 --remove-paragraph-spacing

1% Converting input to HTML...
InputFormatPlugin: TXT Input running
on f:\x.txt
InputFormatPlugin: HTML Input running
on f:\temp_calibre_txt_input_to_html.html
Language not specified
Creator not specified
Title not specified
Building file list...
Forcing temp_calibre_txt_input_to_html.html into XHTML namespace
34% Running transforms on ebook...
Merging user specified metadata...
Detecting structure...
Auto generated TOC with 0 entries.
Source base font size is 12.00000pt
Cleaning up manifest...
Trimming unused files from manifest...
Creating EPUB Output...
67% Creating EPUB Output
Looking for large trees in temp_calibre_txt_input_to_html.html...
Found large tree #0
Split into 2 parts
EPUB output written to f:\x.epub
Output saved to f:\x.epub
Old 12-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Source base font size is the base font size of the input document --base-font-size is the font size that the source base font size will be mapped to in the output document
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2009, 10:53 AM   #6
dracodoc
Connoisseur

My input document is txt file which don't have any font information, but when I added fontsize=110% in the extra css, the message said the source font size is 14.52pt.
Anyway, this is not my concern. My question is, when sony 505 opened the epub file, the default font size (the "S" in the status bar) is always the same, no matter what setting I tweaked. How can I make it larger? Because the next level "M" font is too large.

I guess I have to tweak the css but not sure how, I already tried the fontsize option. Is it related to my Chinese font in 505?
Old 12-25-2009, 10:26 PM   #7
dracodoc
Connoisseur

I used the --font-size-mapping parameter, finally changed the default font size in 505.