Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 08-03-2009, 12:52 PM   #61
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
I recently emailed Ectaco about the need for a more expanded dictionary. I suggested that they either expand the word list of the dictionary already in the firmware, or provide better dictionaries that we can purchase. I got a favorable response, but who knows if anything will come of this.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #62
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I have software v0.30e and patch v12.
I'm using Ariel as my preferred font.

I just changed fonts. Same problem. I'll attempt to take photo of the all this.

Don
I see that new v033c version (with HTML and dictionaries for all formats) available on jetBook.net website now:
http://www.jetbook.net/upgrade.php

I just downloaded it and reprogrammed my unit
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #63
akira28
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I see that new v033c version (with HTML and dictionaries for all formats) available on jetBook.net website now:

I just downloaded it and reprogrammed my unit
Hmmm. JGray, who answered for you earlier in this thread, said you already had v.33c when you bought it.

I am looking forward to downloading this tonight.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #64
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by akira28 View Post
Hmmm. JGray, who answered for you earlier in this thread, said you already had v.33c when you bought it.

I am looking forward to downloading this tonight.
He said that the unit he ordered for someone else had the new firmware. His jetBook didn't. I'm sure that if my reply had been incorrect, that Kris777 would have said something. I just happened to log in after you posted your original question and was trying to be helpful.
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #65
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray View Post
He said that the unit he ordered for someone else had the new firmware. His jetBook didn't. I'm sure that if my reply had been incorrect, that Kris777 would have said something. I just happened to log in after you posted your original question and was trying to be helpful.
yes, you are 100% correct. I received jetBook from NewEgg with new firmware for my friend who live in Germany on Fri and just updated my jetBook today. I didn't find any problems with new firmware yet. All dictionaries work fine with all formats (except PDF) now and I like the icon that shows % of text for each book.
Advert
Old 08-07-2009, 02:50 PM   #66
akira28
Nameless Being

My initial impressions of FW v.33c are that on the outside there is little changed - no large improvements, no large steps back. I was hoping for added font types, especially a serif, and an improvement to the menu selection but these have not been included.

However, I have noticed two things of note. The dictionary selection cursor moves sluggishly, always pausing before it moves. You must also wait until after it moves before you can press the directional keys again. It takes a relatively long time to reach the bottom and does not seem to take multiple taps any more. I wish they would make it so that you could scroll up from the top to reach the bottom of the page.

Secondly I haven't been able to get html books to display graphics with .png files.

Last edited by akira28; 08-17-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:36 AM   #67
Kris777
Banned

I see that new 0.33g version available on jetBook.net website now:
Version 0.33g Aug 17,2009. (47,9 MB)
I will test it today later
Old 08-17-2009, 11:07 AM   #68
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
I see that new 0.33g version available on jetBook.net website now:
Version 0.33g Aug 17,2009. (47,9 MB)
I will test it today later
Odd, for me the download link is still 33c. If I try to change it, it says 404 not found, so I assume they haven't completed the upload or something of the sort?
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:24 AM   #69
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik View Post
Odd, for me the download link is still 33c. If I try to change it, it says 404 not found, so I assume they haven't completed the upload or something of the sort?
I didn't download it yet too. I think they are in process to upload it. I will send them e-mail to check it.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #70
sein
Connoisseur
sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sein could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kindle, inkBook, Kobo
It's available for download now, in .exe format.
sein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:10 PM   #71
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by sein View Post
It's available for download now, in .exe format.
Self-extracting, I take it? Downloading it now.

This will be about the sixth time I've done a firmware upgrade today. Word to the wise: DON'T try to use the Chinese Reader firmware, even if it is the same hardware. I'll post about my trauma and stupidity later.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote