Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-26-2009, 07:47 AM   #121
adinb
RSS & Gadget Addict!
adinb is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-500, iPod Touch, iPhone
Has anyone figured out the appropriate URLs for the B&N eReader store so that we can try to access it directly from Stanza (just like we can get to eReader and FW)?

I hate having to use another Springboard slot for yet *another* reader app! (especially since the store itself is accessed from the browser and not in-app)
adinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:53 AM   #122
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Alert View Post
Thanks Griffonwing. I'll look into it.

Red
Do you want a Reader now or do you want to wait?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2009, 10:02 AM   #123
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: EZ-Reader - Samsung Nook's- Nook S/T w/Glow - Kindle Fire - Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Do you want a Reader now or do you want to wait?

Don
Last time I checked you cannot buy a SONY 505 or 700 from the Sony Site.

The Pocket Pro / BeBook Mini will be available in a few weeks from Astak or Endless Ideas or it can be purchased now directly from the Manufacturer (Jinke) http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...dpro/index.asp
Musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:11 AM   #124
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
Last time I checked you cannot buy a SONY 505 or 700 from the Sony Site.

The Pocket Pro / BeBook Mini will be available in a few weeks from Astak or Endless Ideas or it can be purchased now directly from the Manufacturer (Jinke) http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/E...dpro/index.asp
Perhaps not from Sony's site (I have no information on that); but one can certainly order the Sony 505 from Borders and numerous other sites. The 700, however, is only available if one searches hard enough.)

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:09 PM   #125
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I would hate to have DRM tied to my credit card since I change the ones I use on-line fairly frequently....not to mention the pain if one gets lost/stolen.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-26-2009, 10:16 PM   #126
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I would hate to have DRM tied to my credit card since I change the ones I use on-line fairly frequently....not to mention the pain if one gets lost/stolen.
You can continue to use the original number with the book you bought even if you switch cards but of course you will need to remember it.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:19 AM   #127
Musicman
Evangelist
Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Musicman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
You can continue to use the original number with the book you bought even if you switch cards but of course you will need to remember it.
Or you could change the card number on Fictionwise, Ereader, or B&N and redown the books with the new unlock code.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:28 AM   #128
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
From what I've read, it's not really "tied" to the credit card, it's only a password-protected file, where the password is the credit card number. If you change card you lose nothing, you just have to remember to store the old credit card number somewhere, since it's the password to you files.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:32 AM   #129
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
That's right - it's just the decryption key. The first time you open the book, a box pops up and ask you to type in your CC number. Once that's been done once, you can freely read the book.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:43 AM   #130
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
That's not so bad...because I wouldn't want to have to remember what books I bought on what card.

(Not because of debt but because I don't like to keep cards I use on-line open for long)
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:44 AM   #131
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Quote:
From what I've read, it's not really "tied" to the credit card, it's only a password-protected file, where the password is the credit card number. If you change card you lose nothing, you just have to remember to store the old credit card number somewhere, since it's the password to you files.
Correct. I have one ereader book, tied to a credit card that has been replaced by now. The only problem I had was trying to find that old card again, so I could write the number down (luckily, I hadn't destroyed it yet...)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #132
13xforever
Connoisseur
13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.13xforever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H₂O & iPad Pro 2020 12.9"
Just now I've got a reply on Twitter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by B&N eBooks
We hear you. ePub support is coming
13xforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:57 AM   #133
Musicman
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Correct. I have one ereader book, tied to a credit card that has been replaced by now. The only problem I had was trying to find that old card again, so I could write the number down (luckily, I hadn't destroyed it yet...)
Just like Fictionwise, you can change the credit card number for all your books on your bookshelf and redown load them all with the new credit card unlock number.

I like (as much as you can like any form of DRM) Ereaders/B&N DRM method. I can read on any of my devices or any new devices that support their reader.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:13 AM   #134
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman View Post
I like (as much as you can like any form of DRM) Ereaders/B&N DRM method. I can read on any of my devices or any new devices that support their reader.
Right, if DRM is a must, that is a much more user friendly method since it is locked to a person instead of a device.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:58 AM   #135
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13xforever View Post
Just now I've got a reply on Twitter:
WOW! That really opens things up!
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote