Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 11:14 AM   #16
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
PDF formatting

If you want the original post that describes how to format a PDF to fit the Jetbook screen, you can find it here: http://www.ectaco.com/ectaco-posts/list/15773.page
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:34 AM   #17
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Thanks Kris777!

I'll look at it closely this evening, seems I can also convert presentations to PDF. Looks like lots of interesting information.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 01:41 PM   #18
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
Thanks Kris777!

I'll look at it closely this evening, seems I can also convert presentations to PDF. Looks like lots of interesting information.
Good Luck! I think you can also read books in Greek in PDF format too
For example in Hebrew it looks this way:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hebrew.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	203.3 KB
ID:	30250  

Last edited by Kris777; 06-03-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:10 PM   #19
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Hadn't thought of Greek fonts, but that should work - very neat! I've shown the jetBook around here (Greece) to people and there is alot of interest - I wish the EU price was more competitive.
Thanks jgray, I appreciate all links. I'm going to work on this a bit this weekend.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #20
smithno
Groupie
smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.smithno ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, jetBook Lite, Kindle 3, Galaxy Note II
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithno View Post
The PDF is a "custom" version with values that I found on the jetBook formum site.
Several folks have asked me about the "custom" version settings. The posting I found the info in is //http://www.ectaco.com/ectaco-posts/list/15773.page. There is also a document that is refernenced on the wiki to a Sony Document with formatting hints. These provide guidelines for getting "custom PDF" documents from FeedBooks and, I think, ManyBooks. When you pick a book to download from FeedBooks, they let you choose the ebook format. Set the page size by clicking on "Custom Settings". This is where you enter the page dimensions and font size for the Custom PDF book. After setting the page info, you go back to the download page. Choose Custom PDF here and the book will be downloaded to your PC. I have found PDF books formatted this way quite readable on my readers.

Norm
smithno is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2009, 09:40 AM   #21
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Good Luck! I think you can also read books in Greek in PDF format too
For example in Hebrew it looks this way:

Does anybody know if Japanese is supported? It doesn't say it's supported on the Wiki but I don't think it said that hebrew was supported either so I thought I would just check.
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:45 PM   #22
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
Does anybody know if Japanese is supported? It doesn't say it's supported on the Wiki but I don't think it said that hebrew was supported either so I thought I would just check.
If you convert text to PDF format you can read in any language.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jetbook, opinion