Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-04-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
DawnLeeOwens
Enthusiast
DawnLeeOwens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Red face Where is your favorite place to read your Kindle/e-book??

I will let you know when mine arrives. TODAY!!!
DawnLeeOwens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I read mostly in bed
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
My favorite place to use my Kindle is in my left hand. I have read in the car, on the train, on an airplane, in a taxi, in a hotel lobby, in bed, on my couch, in the bathroom, in a restaurant, in the doctor's office waiting room, in the dentist's chair, in a motion picture theatre, at my sister's house, and probably some places I can't think of right now. In fact, the only place I can think of where I have been and I *haven't* read on my Kindle is at church. And once I get a Bible installed and maybe some of the writings of the Church fathers or saints, I'll probably read there too.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:15 AM   #4
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I'm a left hander, too. Put my hand inbetween the lining and cover, and use my thumb to hit next or previous. Train and bed are my two favorite places to read. I am reading exponentialy more since I got my kindle 1.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Usually with my left hand.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	earth.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	25008  
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #6
DawnLeeOwens
Enthusiast
DawnLeeOwens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2

Amazon has a FREE ESV Bible posted, I was thinking that I would check it out when my Kindle arrives. I am wondering how well the notes will work with the Bible.....no highlighting through the thin sheets...
DawnLeeOwens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:38 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Well, one of my favorite places to use my eBook display device is actually the bathroom.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #8
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Well, one of my favorite places to use my eBook display device is actually the bathroom.
Gentle Readers: We have the first potty post of the day.

I don't read in the bathroom. I'm afraid it would fall in!

Favorite Place: Outside in the sunshine.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #9
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnLeeOwens View Post

Amazon has a FREE ESV Bible posted, I was thinking that I would check it out when my Kindle arrives. I am wondering how well the notes will work with the Bible.....no highlighting through the thin sheets...
There are a couple of nicely formatted Bibles uploaded to our MR free library also. I tried a bunch of them from a bunch of booksellers, but preferred the ones we have right here.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #10
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnLeeOwens View Post
I will let you know when mine arrives. TODAY!!!
YAY!

What a lovely day
Old 03-04-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
KimmyA
KimmyA began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I usually read in bed.
KimmyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #12
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I'm a left handed reader, too. When I'm at home I actually prefer live, nude Kindle action. No cover. I usually read in bed or in one of two comfy reading chairs. I have one in the living room and another in my gym where my current foster kitty is living. She doesn't like the other kitties. Since she was a feral, I try to spend a lot of time every day with her to socialize her so I put a comfy chair in there so I can sit and snuggle with her.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:58 PM   #13
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I like reading reclined in an armchair or stretched out on the bed - but I get too comfy, and after 20 mins or so I start nodding off.

My favouritest place is probably in the bath.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:10 PM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I like reading reclined in an armchair or stretched out on the bed - but I get too comfy, and after 20 mins or so I start nodding off.

My favouritest place is probably in the bath.
... With your reader safely bagged and sealed in Ziploc, I hope!
Old 03-04-2009, 02:32 PM   #15
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
... With your reader safely bagged and sealed in Ziploc, I hope!
Yes, indeedy - an Aquapac in my case.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote