Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-17-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Calibre and Android

I asked about the option of Calibre running on Android quite some time ago and remember a similar response. Unfortunately I am not a developer for Android in fact my programming involvement ended some thirty or so years ago!

I've spent half my life in IT and one thing is very clear to me now (as has happened in the past in some form or another) tablets are here to stay and will be taking a greater part in our lives in the future. I was in the premises of a computer/electrical/everything retailer recently and heard a sales person have the audacity to say "but Tablets are not computers". Well I hope he wakes up soon - probably thinks a Cray is not a computer either!
Anyway in a long winded reply all I am saying is that the brilliant Calibre package (I could not live without it) may need help to migrate to Tablets (ideally Android). I get the impression that Calibre and Android are similar in their use of open-source.
Don't get me wrong Kovid and team. Calibre is the bee's Knee's but would like something to link it to Android.

mitch13
Moderator Notice
The thread you posted to was three years old and contained outdated info. Moved your post to its own thread.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-17-2013 at 01:43 AM.
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch13 View Post
Don't get me wrong Kovid and team. Calibre is the bee's Knee's but would like something to link it to Android.
Currently calibre runs on three OS's OSX, Linux and Windows. This means calibre can run on Windows Surface Pro tablets and on some Linux tablets, but if you "would like something to link it to Android" then get Calibre Companion.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-17-2013 at 01:45 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert