Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 06:30 AM   #1
D..
Enthusiast
D.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo & Kindle
Calibre 64 bit problem

Hi, Have just installed Calibre 64 bit 0.9.27 on a new pc & finding that it shuts down if I try and go into Preferences Output. Have tried in Safe Mode & it is OK but as soon as I try on normal, Calibre is shut down by Windows. Have tried reinstalling Calibre etc and no difference. I did import books over from previous 32 bit Calibre & wondered if this was the problem? The output is still on default so that it is not causing the problem. Any ideas please..
The message is -
Problem Event Name: AppCrash,
Application Name calibre.exe,
Application version 0.9.27.0,
Application Timestamp 51679536,
Fault Module Name Qt.Gui4.dll,
Fault Module Version: 4.8.3.0,
Fault Module Timestamp: 50a06c97,
Exception Code:00000000005fd7d7.
OS Version 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48,
Locale ID 2057,
Addit Info1:2fe5,
2:2fe5a93c1c8f96d14235569a2dbcb1d4,
3:fc45

Thanks
D.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.. View Post
Hi, Have just installed Calibre 64 bit 0.9.27 on a new pc & finding that it shuts down if I try and go into Preferences Output. Have tried in Safe Mode & it is OK but as soon as I try on normal, Calibre is shut down by Windows. Have tried reinstalling Calibre etc and no difference. I did import books over from previous 32 bit Calibre & wondered if this was the problem?
Since it works in safe mode there appears to be a conflict with something that starts up on your computer. The Calibre FAQ has some suggestions.

Good Luck.

Moderator Notice
Moved the thread to general calibre forum. The development forum is not the place to ask for help. Please read the "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING - The purpose of this subforum" sticky post from the top of the Development forum.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Go to preferences->look & feel and change the font to something standard like verdana or arial.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 04:26 AM   #4
D..
Enthusiast
D.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverD.. exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo & Kindle
64 bit Calibre

Thanks for that. Tried it and whoops my books came out in a weird unreadable format with some letters and many signs, tried a couple of different fonts, but it made no difference, they converted into a strange format type. So I changed it back to default and they convert OK. So I have got round this problem as I didnt want to uninstall software[ I have so many programs a controlled start up for each program would take weeks!!]to find what was conflicting by completing preferences in safe mode and then leaving as is to run OK as long as I dont access it. I know it is not cured but at least Calibre is now OK for me. No idea why inputting a font would convert the books and make them unreadable
Thanks again.
D.. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
64bit, preferences