Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-01-2008, 07:09 AM   #1
ajnorth
ajnorth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ajnorth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ajnorth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad
Horrendously slow PDF rendering with IPDF

Hi

Can anyone tell me why the default installed PDF viewer would take up to a minute to render some of the pages of this camera manual with graphics in them: http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/DMCTZ2.PDF ?

Anything that can be done about it?

Thanks
Angus
ajnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:49 AM   #2
daudi
Addict
daudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-booksdaudi has learned how to read e-books

Device: iRex iLiad, Psion 5MX, nokia n800
I had journal article that did something like this. It was something to do with the embedded graphic (something from excel by the looks of it). I tried converting it to PS and then back to PDF but that did not help and I eventually just removed the page completely (with pdftk). If I was going to carry on I'd try extracting the page, converting it to something format, e.g. PNG, then converting it back to PDF and reinserting it in the right place. I'm no graphic guru and this is not based on any theory, except that PS and PDF are vector formats and PNG is a bitmap and going between one and other might help.

Daudi
daudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I think I saw iRex say something in the past about having graphics in your document that are larger than the screen size makes the PDF viewer have to rescale them on the fly, which can be slow. Especially if there are a lot of them.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote