Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-29-2011, 01:52 AM   #1
jpolak
jpolak began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 611
Pocketbook 611 - Wrong encoding Slovak

Hallo,
yesterday I bought my first eBook Reader, Pocketbook 611.
In Slovak Language EPUB format, reader displays some slovak letters, for example č, ď, ť wrong. There is ? instead of this.
Maybe my question is wrong, I am new in this area.
What should I do with this ?
New firmware, change any settings, conversion to epub with another encoding or what ?
When I convert file into another format (FB2) it works OK.
Thanks
Juraj
jpolak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:46 AM   #2
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolak View Post
Hallo,
In Slovak Language EPUB format, reader displays some slovak letters, for example č, ď, ť wrong. There is ? instead of this.
Install Coolreader.
It will work with Coolreader.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 06:05 AM   #3
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolak View Post
Hallo,
New firmware, change any settings, conversion to epub with another encoding or what ?
When I convert file into another format (FB2) it works OK.
Thanks
Juraj
Press "OK" and Open with... Fbreader
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 09:05 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
Press "OK" and Open with... Fbreader
That doesn't help.
epubs in Czech and Slovak (and some other languages) are only readable in Coolreader.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
That doesn't help.
epubs in Czech and Slovak (and some other languages) are only readable in Coolreader.
Man can copy font (Czech and Slovak) into the device, and read with FBReader ..
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
kacir
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forkosigan View Post
Man can copy font (Czech and Slovak) into the device, and read with FBReader ..
This doesn't work either.
I will provide more details in PM.
Old 12-30-2011, 02:39 AM   #7
jpolak
jpolak began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 611
It works for me with FBReader. I tried this on 2 different epub files. Maybe later there will be any problem with this, but now it works.
Thank you all.
jpolak is offline   Reply With Quote