Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #1
michaelwriter
michaelwriter began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile my e-book, "Miss. Candace"

Hello. My name is Michael Stitt from Canada. I’m new here and I would like to direct your attention to the e-book I have written. According some marketing materials I’ve read, places like this are good for advertising, so here I am.

It’s called ‘Miss. Candace’, and I wrote and published it on Smashwords.com last year. I have also put it on Amazon.com’s website. Smashwords is a seller/distributor. Some of you may know it. They distribute to Apple, Sony, Kobo, among others. Through Kobo it went to Barnes & Nobles and IndigoChapters (in Canada).

If you like a story with a bit of romance, history, mystery and ghosts, you love this. (I least I think so!) Here’s a summary:

A twenty-three year old runaway girl from San Francisco, Victoria Zachery finds herself drawn to a small town in Virginia. For the last four years she travelled from city to city working in sleezy bars, living in slums, sometimes prostituting herself and drinking heavily. Looking for a change, she seeks out this small town. She has visions and dreams that she can not understand that lead her to a house on a hill with a haunted past. There she meets a kindly elderly restaurant owner named Erma who befriends her, and she meets the writer grandson of the man who owned it, who is trying to sell the place and write a book about the woman who lived there - Miss Candace Willowby during the Civil Wir and was tragically killed on her wedding night by a Southern soldier on guard duty. There is something different about the writer, Simon Wilson. He is very quiet and keeps to himself and very rarely shows any emotion. He tells Victoria that it is the ghost of the Northern soldier Candace married that haunts the house, looking for his beloved Candace. Simon thinks there is more to Miss Candace than the stories about that have passed down through the years by the town's inhabitants. When Victoria steps foot in the house, the ghost makes his presence known to her. He seems to think that she is Miss Candace. Simon believes he knows why, though it's a little far fetched and which she does not want to believe. Together, they uncover a mystery concerning slaves, lost tunnels, a romance and Candace's lost daughter. They also fight Victoria's drinking promlem and forge an unlikely friendship that leads to Simon telling Victoria his own secret concerning his behaviors. Romance blossoms thanks to the house's mischevious ghost. In the end, Victoria must come to believe Simon's theory in order to save his life.
michaelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote