Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-31-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Apple Store now has Refurb. iPad 2s

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Looks like just the higher end ones for now.
Refurbished iPad 2 with Wi-Fi+3G 32GB $679 (new $729)

As a note, I've seen two refurbed iPad 1's in person-they both looked brand new except for the box.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 04:59 PM   #2
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
I have purchased iMac and MacBook Pro refurbs from the Apple store and all have worked flawlessly. I would not hesitate to buy anything as an Apple Refurb.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Apple refurbs are great. They're exactly like new (with new battery and casing even) and carry the same warranty as brand-new. Really, pretty much all you'll be missing is the fancy box.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #4
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjk View Post
http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/ipad

Looks like just the higher end ones for now.
Refurbished iPad 2 with Wi-Fi+3G 32GB $679 (new $729)

As a note, I've seen two refurbed iPad 1's in person-they both looked brand new except for the box.
I feeling some temptation here. My wife wants an iPad, and I'm thinking of passing her my iPad1 and buying one of these. Tell me I'm crazy!
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 01:20 PM   #5
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonetools View Post
I feeling some temptation here. My wife wants an iPad, and I'm thinking of passing her my iPad1 and buying one of these. Tell me I'm crazy!
You're crazy!

Get the iPad 2 for your wife. Then use that as justification for the iPad 3 for yourself
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2011, 02:39 PM   #6
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thWiggle View Post
You're crazy!

Get the iPad 2 for your wife. Then use that as justification for the iPad 3 for yourself
This.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:40 PM   #7
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I find it interesting that most of the refurbs are 3G. Does that mean that they have poorer quality or that people realize that they don't want/need 3G?
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:00 AM   #8
1611mac
eWanderer
1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.1611mac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iMac,iPad3,iPhone5-Kindle Fire,Touch,PaperWhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I find it interesting that most of the refurbs are 3G. Does that mean that they have poorer quality or that people realize that they don't want/need 3G?
Probably neither. It could be that Apple cycles thru "type" and they are refurbing 3G models now or possibly more 3G's were sold so there are simply more returned. I wouldn't try to read anything into what is currently available.
1611mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #9
kjk

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
Maybe they move a lot of 3G models, so more show up as refurbs.
Or people want to try a different carrier.

I do think the iPad 2 model strategy was temporary-having*18* different SKUs and *12* just for 3G (ATT/Verizon/16/32/64/B/W) seemed pretty un-Apple-like. Hopefully the next one will have a unified strategy for 3G/4G/whatever, not tied to a specific carrier.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:41 PM   #10
stonetools
Wizard
stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stonetools ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, IPhone
Quote:
This makes a certain twisted type of sense.But NOOO... must... resist.... temptation!!
stonetools is offline   Reply With Quote