Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 11:09 AM   #1
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Database update errors

I get the following error, though I am unsure if it is the plugin or calibre because I have been alot of errors lately:

calibre, version 0.8.4
ERROR: Some failures: Failed to apply updated metadata for some books in your library. Click "Show Details" to see details.

Chainfire - Terry Goodkind

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\edit_metadata.py", line 488, in do_one_apply
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1882, in set_metadata
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 2768, in set_identifiers
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 304, in run
DatabaseException: unable to open database file
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 264, in run
OperationalError: unable to open database file

************************************************** ******************************
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:14 AM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I would suggest you do the database integrity checks etc on your library, particularly if you have been experiencing other errors. Perhaps you are on your way to a disk failure, or perhaps something like antivirus is interfering. That error doesn't look related to this plugin particularly.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #3
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
I would suggest you do the database integrity checks etc on your library, particularly if you have been experiencing other errors. Perhaps you are on your way to a disk failure, or perhaps something like antivirus is interfering. That error doesn't look related to this plugin particularly.
I tried that but it didn't help, do you think the db being in a dropbox folder could be an issue also? That's what I was thinking it was but now I am wondering if it is the disk. Are there any things I could check to see if it is the disk??
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #4
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@nyn - I've moved your posts here into its own thread as this isn't a plugin specific issue (that error could equally happen when you download metadata). Perhaps someone may see this here to be able to help you.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:00 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Remove your library from dropbox.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
I tried that but it didn't help, do you think the db being in a dropbox folder could be an issue also? That's what I was thinking it was but now I am wondering if it is the disk. Are there any things I could check to see if it is the disk??
For Windows:
Start Menu
Control Panel
Administrative tools
Event viewer
You are looking for Red (error) events that have file system type error messages.

There are tools to read the drives Health.
Key Word: S.M.A.R.T. status
The drive manufacturer may have free tools that read out the health status.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote