Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-27-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
kbdbloak
kbdbloak began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK COLOR
Cannot download from BN on Rooted NC

I have a Nook Color on 1.1.0 Rooted and i have Clockwork Mod. I want to upgrade to NC 1.2 but I have not seen auto nooter yet and from what I can tell since I have Clockword Mod I cannot wipe clean with the 8 failed reboot method.
Should I just wait for Autonooter for 1.2?

Thanks in advance
kbdbloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #2
goldberry
Groupie
goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldberry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindles (wife's), now obsolete Nook and Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbdbloak View Post
I have a Nook Color on 1.1.0 Rooted and i have Clockwork Mod. I want to upgrade to NC 1.2 but I have not seen auto nooter yet and from what I can tell since I have Clockword Mod I cannot wipe clean with the 8 failed reboot method.
Should I just wait for Autonooter for 1.2?

Thanks in advance
Maybe something here might help
goldberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #3
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
This post may help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...62&postcount=4
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
OakdaleMike
Enthusiast
OakdaleMike doesn't litterOakdaleMike doesn't litter

Device: PRS-900, rooted Nook Color
Another consideration is: "why upgrade?". I've put so many hours into getting my autonootered 1.1 configured and loaded -- I dread the idea of starting over.

Is there really anything compelling about 1.2?
OakdaleMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
I would say no, not if you already have access to the market and most apps from there work. You're better off either jumping straight to CM7 Gingerbread or staying where you are, IMO.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2011, 11:56 AM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
I would say no, not if you already have access to the market and most apps from there work. You're better off either jumping straight to CM7 Gingerbread or staying where you are, IMO.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:27 AM   #7
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by taosaur View Post
Agreed.

Unless you really want flash, stay on 1.1.

1.2 is just...finicky. Apparently some of what B&N did to android to get their appstore working doesn't play nicely with the standard Android framework...so...it's troublesome.

I went to CM7. I kind of liked the old B&N launcher with its bookcentric feel, but CM7 is very good.

Too bad there's not a great book-centric launcher for Android
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote