Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Problem with ADE

I use ADE to move public library ADE files to my epub readers. I posted this over at Kindeboards but haven't had a response. Here goes.

Ever since I first launched Adobe Digital Editions on my computer, when I open it I get a box that says "One or more downloads are not finished. Do you want to resume pending tasks?" I click OK and then I can use ADE.

Recently while I was adding a library book file, another box came up saying "Verifying Document." This never went away, so I couldn't use ADE until I uninstalled it and downloaded it again from ADE's website. Now, it still comes up (Verifying Document) and I can't use ADE at all. It's stuck in "verifying document" process (which looks like it's doing nothing except showing the box with that message.

I also get a message from Kaspersky security each time I open ADE which is something to the effect of "Behavior similar to PDM. Private data and passwords detected . . ." This also used to show up whenever I played Scrabble that I have in my hard drive (eventually the Scrabble file disappeared altogether).

Until I find a way to get the "verifying document" box out of there, I won't be able to download library books to my Nook or Sony readers. All that I can think of is to use my netbook (instead of my everyday laptop) and download ADE to it, for now.

Has anyone had either of these messages on their ADE? Any advice? Any other way to access my library books? I also have a problem with the Sony software, which I have uninstalled and installed, but a corrupt message is across the screen and nothing can be done in there, either.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I just looked in the ADE forums but still have not found a way to get around this. There was a question posted in September there about the same problem, but no good answers came up afterwards. I posted that I had the same problem -- freezing while "verifying document" stays in the display.
Advert
Old 12-13-2010, 03:39 AM   #3
mlewis78
Guru

ADE problem resolved on its own -- finally

Opened ADE just now and the problem resolved itself. It tried to continue to add a file I'd added last week that didn't show (and that I had already sent back to NYPL). Gave an error message and then I was able to clear it. I'd still like to know why this happened. Probably the NYPL book file was corrupt.

I have another NYPL book file to add, but I'm not ready to read it yet.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #4
mommabarb
MOMMABARB
mommabarb began at the beginning.

Device: computer
Hi having problem with Adobe Digital edition stating no permission to download file. I was just into Ade and downloaded a lot of old files to Kobo which took. and they were all on the reader. Went into Sony download library to try and downoad a book I bought from Sony to my Kobo and nothing took nor any message. However when I opened my Kobo about 10 books that were on my Kobo reader disappeared and when I try to download them again from ADE message not authoriaed to download help mommabarb
mommabarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 06:04 AM   #5
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabarb View Post
Hi having problem with Adobe Digital edition stating no permission to download file. I was just into Ade and downloaded a lot of old files to Kobo which took. and they were all on the reader. Went into Sony download library to try and downoad a book I bought from Sony to my Kobo and nothing took nor any message. However when I opened my Kobo about 10 books that were on my Kobo reader disappeared and when I try to download them again from ADE message not authoriaed to download help mommabarb
Not being glib, but I think you need to research DRM. You can't exchange DRM'd books between devices.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert