Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 05:01 PM   #31
Alexandr
Alexandr began at the beginning.

Device: theworldcreator@gmail.com
Hi Adrian, your KWT is great, Selectable Label is exactly what I need, thanks a lot!

I'm trying to make line of the text with bold (or lined) subtext like this:
Bla bla bla bla.
Text could consist of two lines.
But all attempts to put three parts with different styles into one line KBox are useless and i found no ways to use multistyle in one KTextArea.

So, could you give me example or tip?
Alexandr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 04:34 AM   #32
kinkle
Connoisseur
kinkle began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 3g and KT 3G
Hi!
What are the steps to install and run Goban on kindle ?

Last edited by kinkle; 05-29-2011 at 06:39 AM.
kinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 03:31 PM   #33
kdgarris
Connoisseur
kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.kdgarris is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi
Hi - I am new to Java and Kindlets, but not new to programming (I mainly work with C).

Anyway, I am on step 2 of the guide, having created a project via NetBeans, and having added Kindlet-1.2 as a library to this project.

When I try to compile the "Hello World" example above, I get the following error:

/Users/kdgarris/NetBeansProjects/Hello Kindle/src/hello/kindle/HelloKindle.java:8: class Main is public, should be declared in a file named Main.java

Any ideas as to what I could be doing wrong here? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Edit: I figured it out - it should have been obvious in retrospect; it compiled when I remained the source file to Main.java

Last edited by kdgarris; 06-08-2011 at 09:49 AM. Reason: Figured it out
kdgarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 01:23 PM   #34
rockiecxh
rockiecxh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G/WIFI
Hey guys, I got this:
The title is not signed by a registered developer.
How can I resolve it? Thanks.
rockiecxh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:59 AM   #35
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
You need to install the keys you sign your .jar/.azw with. It's step 5 of the OP. Note that you might need to create a combined keystore if you have kindlets signed with different keys and you want to be able to run them all.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #36
sexymax15
Enthusiast
sexymax15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by azit View Post
The original code is here: https://github.com/apetresc/KindleChess
My hacks to get it working are here: http://www.sbrk.co.uk/kdk.tar.gz

Note, it only replays pgn games, it doesn't actually play chess against you. That's left as an exercise for the reader
hi, how do i make azw2 file from ur source???
sexymax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:38 PM   #37
sexymax15
Enthusiast
sexymax15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by sexymax15 View Post
hi, how do i make azw2 file from ur source???
I tried to make a jar file by using ant on the build.xml. But it needs KDK files. Will somebody please upload the azw2 version of the kindle chess with developer.keystore file??Thanks
sexymax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 07:06 PM   #38
liuto
Connoisseur
liuto is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DXG / Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindle3zeng View Post
I'm new to java also, but I just managed to get my first kindlet run.

I took a look at your package, I'm not sure what tool you used to package it. But I used ellipse, and exported it as a jar file, using a manifest file:

Code:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Description: Test for Kindle
Main-Class: test.Main
Implementation-Title: Hello
Implementation-Version: 0.0.1
Implementation-Vendor: Me
At first, I didn't include
Code:
which caused my kindlet not to show up.

With these lines added, it ran like a charm.
Hi,

I did this just use the same code as you. I build the hello world in eclipse.
then I signed with developer.keystore from dvhh. then I copied my hello.azw2 to my kindle.

The hello.azw2 is not show in HOME, so I reboot the kindle. after my kindle started up. it stuck in scan books...

what's wrong?

Thanks,
Liuto
liuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 08:19 AM   #39
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's hard to tell... Maybe just coincidence and you borked your FAT partition when copying over the file?
Old 09-08-2011, 10:00 AM   #40
liuto
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
That's hard to tell... Maybe just coincidence and you borked your FAT partition when copying over the file?
but I can run other's Kindlet... like this one kapp.tar.gz
Old 09-08-2011, 11:22 AM   #41
hawhill
Wizard

Sorry, then I just didn't interpret your error description correctly. So it isn't completely stuck and you can still access the partition, it's just the scanning message that's not disappearing. I think you could try to enable debug output (";debugOn"), maybe it gives an idea what's going wrong.
Old 09-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #42
liuto
Connoisseur

Quote:
Sorry, then I just didn't interpret your error description correctly. So it isn't completely stuck and you can still access the partition, it's just the scanning message that's not disappearing. I think you could try to enable debug output (";debugOn"), maybe it gives an idea what's going wrong.
It complete stuck. the 5-way key not work... but I can still ssh to it and delete the .awz2 file. after I delete the file and reboot it works again.

Could someone give me the exactly compile and package steps by using JDk (not eclipse or other IDE), I am really new to Java.

I just have JDK 1.6.0_27 installed and prefer to use command line.

Thanks,
Liuto
Old 09-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #43
liuto
Connoisseur

Hi

I tried make the Hello world kindlet by JDK 1.6.0_27, after signed .awz2 file and copied to Kindle, it now shows my app on HOME screen.

I tried to launch it but it just popup a box said: The Main Class for request title cannot be found. anybody could help me figure out the problem?

below are my source files and build steps:

1. Main.java

Code:
package test;

import com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.AbstractKindlet;
import com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.KindletContext;
import com.amazon.kindle.kindlet.ui.KTextArea;

public class Main extends AbstractKindlet {

private KindletContext ctx;

public void create(KindletContext context) {
                this.ctx = context;
        }

public void start() {
                try {
                        ctx.getRootContainer().add(new KTextArea("Hello World,lol!"));
                } catch (Throwable t) {
                        t.printStackTrace();
                }
        }
}
2. Main.manifest

Code:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Implementation-Title: Main
Implementation-Version: 0.0.1
Implementation-Vendor: Liuto
3. compiling ... I have put Kindlet-1.1.jar in my CLASSPATH environment

C:\xxx> javac Main.java

I got Main.class without any error.

4. Jar it...

Code:
  C:\xxx> jar cvfm Main.jar Main.manifest Main.class

added manifest
adding: Main.class(in = 857) (out= 500)(deflated 41%)
5. Sign it... I have put the key file in same directory

Code:

C:\xxx> signkindlet.bat
--------------------------------------------------------------
C:\xxx>rename Main.jar Main.azw2

C:\xxx>C:\"Program Files"\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin\jarsigner.exe -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password Main.azw2 dktest

C:\xxx>C:\"Program Files"\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin\jarsigner.exe -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password Main.azw2 ditest

C:\xxx>C:\"Program Files"\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin\jarsigner.exe -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password Main.azw2 dntest
6. copy Main.azw2 to Kindle

Thanks,
Nian

Last edited by liuto; 09-08-2011 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:17 PM   #44
hawhill
Wizard

I think the .class file should be in a directory according to the package it's in. The class loader is probably looking for a "test/Main.class" within the .jar. When you packaged it, you put it on the root directory of the .jar.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:22 PM   #45
liuto
Connoisseur

Quote:
I think the .class file should be in a directory according to the package it's in. The class loader is probably looking for a "test/Main.class" within the .jar. When you packaged it, you put it on the root directory of the .jar.
I tried put .class in test directory, it got the same issue.