Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2009, 03:07 PM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Except that there is nothing to work with yet. Not even example/sample epubs from B&N as far as I know.
Actually, there are. I downloaded the free Star Wars book Skyborn and it came in ePub with the new flavor of DRM. The only way to view it was to use the B&N Desktop Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:47 AM   #47
labba
labba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
i♥cabbages : did you saw my post regarding this :

Quote:
Originally Posted by labba View Post
Hi! Progress:
if i set a BP on the sub_54F7E0, then dumping the buffer pointed to by arg_0. You will get 8 PID characters,
i think i need to add the two checksum chars my self accurding to the checksumPid function in the mobidedrm scripts.
the BP will stop 5 time and will give 5 different strings... i will let you know if this could be the answer..

c ya for now..
LaBBa.

what do you say is that the PID that just need fixing for checksum ?
labba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:09 AM   #48
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, there are. I downloaded the free Star Wars book Skyborn and it came in ePub with the new flavor of DRM. The only way to view it was to use the B&N Desktop Reader.
Yes. I posted that before I knew better. Apparently there are epub books available from B&N with the new DRM -- unfortunately they are not readily identifiable on the B&N site.

I did learn (on a B&N forum) that Sony DRMd books can be imported to the nook/B&N reader and work if that device is authorized by Adobe DE.

I downloaded that book as well from B&N and when I tried to import it into Adobe DE it tells me:

"starwars_9780345519399.epub:
Document is licensed for a different user account"

Fwiw.

Last edited by kennyc; 12-14-2009 at 07:14 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #49
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Wild Guess

Hi,

That user message makes it sound like everything went like normal but just the adept key did not match.

A wild guess but someone could try the ineptepub.pyw script as it stands but with a different adeptkey.der key file that instead uses the combination of name and credit card (last 8 digits) mangled exactly as in the ereader2html.py script now.

In other words, hope that all Adobe agreed to was to exchange the adobe adept key with a key normally used by ereader (and that they really did not change the software much at all).

Worth a try anyway. I would but being from Canada, I simply can not buy (even a free e-book) from the B&N site to play around with.

Kevin
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:19 PM   #50
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Hi,

That user message makes it sound like everything went like normal but just the adept key did not match.

A wild guess but someone could try the ineptepub.pyw script as it stands but with a different adeptkey.der key file that instead uses the combination of name and credit card (last 8 digits) mangled exactly as in the ereader2html.py script now.

In other words, hope that all Adobe agreed to was to exchange the adobe adept key with a key normally used by ereader (and that they really did not change the software much at all).

Worth a try anyway. I would but being from Canada, I simply can not buy (even a free e-book) from the B&N site to play around with.

Kevin
Certainly worth a try. I'm not where I can do it at the moment.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #51
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
what do you say is that the PID that just need fixing for checksum ?
That approach totally works, and I've actually already got a script working which automates doing exactly that. The problem is that the final PID is (mostly) *book-specific*. I'm going to make one more stab at a more elegant solution Amazon can't kill by changing the address of one function, but if that doesn't work then I'll go ahead and release this as is.
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:40 PM   #52
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
You're a GENIUS!!!! However, I'm not, so when you do release whatever it is, could you please PM me and give me very very basic instructions?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:08 AM   #53
labba
labba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-bookslabba has learned how to read e-books

Final solution

so this is the solution for now:
run OllyDbg and open the K4PC exe
then go to offset : 00570A94
and set a BreakPoint on this line(f2)

you can see that Eax will contain a String
not press F9 this will break on this line for about 4-5 times the last time that it will break this will be the PID.
you will need to fix your checkSum so:
create a new python file:
just use the checksumPid function that is in the latest mobidedrm.py (v0.07)
and call it: checksumPid(pid)

then you can run the new fix checksum with : mobidedrm.py (v0.07) script to decrypt.

enjoy !!

PS : i♥cabbages : fix me if somthing that i wrote is wrong or you have a better way to do this...

LaBBa.

Last edited by labba; 12-19-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:22 AM   #54
i♥cabbages
Leafy greens connoisseur
i♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmosi♥cabbages has become one with the cosmos

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
PS : i♥cabbages : fix me if somthing that i wrote is wrong or you have a better way to do this...
By "I wrote a script" I meant "I wrote a script which uses the Windows debugging API to automatically drive the K4PC executable, set the breakpoint, and extract the PID." I'll push that script out if a different approach I'm trying doesn't work.

That said, your instructions look correct, but I understand this forum discourages direct posting of content describing DRM circumvention, so you may wish to move them elsewhere and replace with a link.
i♥cabbages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:26 AM   #55
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post
By "I wrote a script" I meant "I wrote a script which uses the Windows debugging API to automatically drive the K4PC executable, set the breakpoint, and extract the PID." I'll push that script out if a different approach I'm trying doesn't work.

That said, your instructions look correct, but I understand this forum discourages direct posting of content describing DRM circumvention, so you may wish to move them elsewhere and replace with a link.
Thank you for that.

and all your work. DRM is evil.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #56
labba

Quote:
Originally Posted by i♥cabbages View Post

i done the editing will post somware else..
Old 12-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #57
labba

i posted the solution on other Reverse Engineering forum with all the solution:

http://www.woodmann.com/forum/showth...4064#post84064

enjoy.

LaBBa.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:40 AM   #58
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:55 AM   #59
Gaurnim
Final Five n°42
Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.Gaurnim can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
i posted the solution on other Reverse Engineering forum with all the solution:

http://www.woodmann.com/forum/showth...4064#post84064

enjoy.

LaBBa.
Thanks for sharing your work, labba.

I tried to download the files provided through your link, but I get an antivirus alert about the virus PUS:App/PtchCrk-A.
Is there a problem with the files or is this a false positive ?
Gaurnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:57 AM   #60
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I used it, but the windows doesn't shown anything Only strange characters.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote