Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-02-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Nothing new from Sony at CES?

How else to interpret the Sony 2009 CES website, Products --> Electronics?
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:37 AM   #2
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
What do you mean?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #3
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
What do you mean?
Sorry, a too-succinct post, it seems.

1. Sony sent me an e-mail that directed me to a site, http://www.sony.com/ces/, that they said was a preview to CES.

2. So I went looking for any announcement of Readers. I found that if I clicked "Products" and then "Electronics" it showed Readers (that was the link I included in the first post). But the Readers shown were just the PRS-700 and -505.

3. Therefore, I thought we might surmise that there's no new Reader product announcements for CES '09.

4. On the other hand, I could be wrong, because it seems odd that the two current Readers were the only things displayed under "Electronics." Why would they show old Readers in CES '09? Why showcase these two on the CES '09 website? Maybe they have new Readers (or new firmware) but didn't want to give away any details before the official CES announcement.
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 10:50 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Sorry, a too-succinct post, it seems.

1. Sony sent me an e-mail that directed me to a site, http://www.sony.com/ces/, that they said was a preview to CES.

2. So I went looking for any announcement of Readers. I found that if I clicked "Products" and then "Electronics" it showed Readers (that was the link I included in the first post). But the Readers shown were just the PRS-700 and -505.

3. Therefore, I thought we might surmise that there's no new Reader product announcements for CES '09.

4. On the other hand, I could be wrong, because it seems odd that the two current Readers were the only things displayed under "Electronics." Why would they show old Readers in CES '09? Why showcase these two on the CES '09 website? Maybe they have new Readers (or new firmware) but didn't want to give away any details before the official CES announcement.
I would expect that you have nailed it. CES may be interesting for eBook Readers.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #5
Alfy
Liseur de Bonne Aventure
Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alfy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Maybe they'll release some new firmware that makes their readers compatible with every single format out there and will automatically remove the DRMs for us... Sorry, just some wishful thinking. SIGH.
Alfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:13 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfy View Post
Maybe they'll release some new firmware that makes their readers compatible with every single format out there and will automatically remove the DRMs for us... Sorry, just some wishful thinking. SIGH.
Mine is brand new and I'm very protective. You guys will have to convince me to try something new. After you put it through it's paces, that is!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 01:10 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj2me View Post
Companies WAIT to announce stuff until CES. So, they may not show any NEW stuff on those pages until after they have announced them.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 11:11 AM   #8
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Mine is brand new and I'm very protective. You guys will have to convince me to try something new. After you put it through it's paces, that is!
Do you mean you bought Sony Reader PRS-505 recently?
If yes, how it is on your eyes?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:54 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Man I would love to go to CES. It just sounds so cool.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote