Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-28-2013, 11:34 PM   #31
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Library view is what you show. (other views are Book Details and Metadata Edit)
I thought that what you meant, I use the View Manager so your term confused me, I call the Tag Browser and Book Details areas - panels; the Metadata Edit area a modal dialogue box. And what's in between the Tag Browser and Book Details panels, I call the Book List or the Spreadsheet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I have a custom column: Edit EPUB(#edited), Aligned Left

All dates look normal .

Have you tried to change the date display format?
Attached has Meta Date as dd MMM yyyy (the default format) - as you can see - still not empty

Can you post image of what you see in Edit EPUB after you have set to the value to Undefined - either via the Clear Edit EPUB button in Edit Metadata or via pressing he minus key - in an Edit EPUB cell.

Or just add an empty book - what's in Edit EPUB cell - empty or 1st Jan 0101.

Member davidfor is reporting the same issue - maybe its a for Aussie's only bug Or its a 32bit v 64bit or install v portable issue - I refuse to contemplate that it might be a Windows XP versus 7 issue.

I edited my previous post with suggestion for inducing my Right Arrow problem.

When the date problem is be fixed and assuming Find Dups is still throwing these errors then I'll uninstall it and reinstall as and when needed; since it got its inter-library enhancement I only use it in my 'new acquisitions' library.

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	360
Size:	239.1 KB
ID:	108697  

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-29-2013 at 12:09 AM. Reason: add attachment
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #32
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Running gentoo linux here. Upon restarting calibre with the newdb backend enabled, I just ended up with with a hung process that had to be killed.

Starting with "calibre -v" gives this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 279, in initialize
self.initialize_db()
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 239, in initialize_db
self.db_class, errs = get_db_loader()
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/db/__init__.py", line 129, in get_db_loader
from calibre.db.legacy import LibraryDatabase as cls
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 18, in <module>
from calibre.db.backend import DB
File "/usr/lib64/calibre/calibre/db/backend.py", line 14, in <module>
import apsw
ImportError: No module named apsw

apsw is a package available in gentoo's repository (portage), described as "Another Python SQLite Wrapper", and appears to be required by calibre's new db backend, so I installed that and was then able to start calibre successfully. So far, so good. Calibre recognizes my reader (Sony T1) and lists books on it.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 11:40 PM   #33
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Yes Installed using:
Code:
sudo python -c "import sys; py3 = sys.version_info[0] > 2; u = __import__('urllib.request' if py3 else 'urllib', fromlist=1); exec(u.urlopen('http://status.calibre-ebook.com/linux_installer').read()); main(install_dir='/opt')"
Will try installing python-apsw.

bernie
Did not work, only python-apsw in the repositories is for 3.7.

bernie

installed 3.7.17-r1-1 from ppa:ubuntu-rogerbinns/apsw did not work.

Spoiler:
Code:
~$ calibre-debug -g
calibre 0.9.41  isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Linux-3.2.0-49-generic-i686-with-debian-wheezy-sid Linux ('32bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '3.2.0-49-generic', '#75-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 18 17:40:13 UTC 2013')
Python 2.7.5
Linux: ('debian', 'wheezy/sid', '')
Starting up...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 279, in initialize
  File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 239, in initialize_db
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/__init__.py", line 129, in get_db_loader
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/legacy.py", line 18, in <module>
  File "site-packages/calibre/db/backend.py", line 14, in <module>
ImportError: No module named apsw

goodnight.

Last edited by gbm; 07-29-2013 at 12:02 AM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Some functions seem a lot slower; for instance DavidFor's Kobo Utilities / store location is crawling as it updates the database. I will do more benchmarking tomorrow but it is glacially slow compared to what it was.

* Updating 170 books with readling locations, the storing of data took close to 5 minutes.

* Reverting to old DB engine; storing of data was less than 30 seconds
Peter, I'm not seeing this here. On my Touch, I have about 1100 books. The calibre library has 447 book of which 127 are on the Touch and have a reading postition. Selecting all the books in the library and doing a store took 31 seconds old DB engine and 37 with the new.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:03 AM   #35
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@BetterRed && davidfor: about dates. What do you see when you hover the mouse pointer over a should-be-empty date value in the spreadsheet view? It should be 101-01-01T01:00:00.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:05 AM   #36
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The plugin should be changed to use db.has_id() rather than db.data.has_id() (the API of the db object is almost fully ported, db.data, not so much) I have added has_id() to the new backend db.data API, so that issue should go away with the next build.
I don't have any calls to any version of has_id() in the plugin.
Quote:
As for the speed issues, it's hard for me to comment as I dont have akobo to test with. If you stick some print statements intot he driver to measure execution speed to find out what is slower i can help with suggesting ways to make it faster.
From what I can see, there isn't much difference. Both the Kobo driver and the Kobo Utilities plugin are noisy when running in debug mode, so there should be plenty of information to find any bottlenecks.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:09 AM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
@BetterRed && davidfor: about dates. What do you see when you hover the mouse pointer over a should-be-empty date value in the spreadsheet view? It should be 101-01-01T01:00:00.
No I am seeing "101-01-01T10:00:00". When I go back to the old DB, it shows as "101-01-01T00:00:00". That makes me think time zone issues.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:46 AM   #38
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No I am seeing "101-01-01T10:00:00". When I go back to the old DB, it shows as "101-01-01T00:00:00". That makes me think time zone issues.
I think you are right about timezones, but that leaves me with a different problem -- why. Looking at the code, it compares the year/month/day in UTC, so the timezone shouldn't play a role. And of course, it doesn't break for me.

As you can run from source, could you put a print statement into gui2/library/delegates.py after line 94 (in DateDelegate)? Something like
print(d.year, d.month, d.day)
What I am looking for is evidence that the date is in localtime and somewhere the date is being adjusted across midnight.

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-29-2013, 03:06 AM   #39
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:

olddb 101-01-01 T00:00:00 Display <empty cell>
newdb 101-01-01 T10:00:00 Display 0101 01 01 09 00 00

I'm Zulu +10, I suspect davidfor is in same timezone

Does Kovid see T05 30 ?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:06 AM   #40
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@chaley: I fixed the custom column date display bug, it was a timezone issue, the old code did a direct comparison of dates, causing the problem, see https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...8cc08391bde623

I should have posted about it earlier, but I had to leave ina hurry and I forgot.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 03:10 AM   #41
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
@chaley: I fixed the custom column date display bug, it was a timezone issue, the old code did a direct comparison of dates, causing the problem, see https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...8cc08391bde623

I should have posted about it earlier, but I had to leave ina hurry and I forgot.
Thanks.

It looked like the old code was comparing UTC dates, which should have worked. Clearly I was reading it wrong.

Edit: I was looking at the fixed code.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:25 AM   #42
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't have any calls to any version of has_id() in the plugin.
That was for the reading list plugin not yours.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:29 AM   #43
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I will be uploading a new build in a few hours with the following fixes:

1) Add apsw to the linux binary build (apologies I forgot to add it when releasing 0.9.41)
2) Fixes for the find duplicates and reading list plugins
3) Fix the custom column date display issue
4) A couple of minor performance enhancements

For linux users, if you are running calibre from source, you must install python-apsw. If you are running from the binary build, then just wait a few hours to install the new build which bundles apsw

Generally speaking, as people report problems in this thread, I will fix them and make new builds available.
Old 07-29-2013, 03:33 AM   #44
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
That was for the reading list plugin not yours.
Of course, Peter had two reports. I'm probably a little bit to focused at the moment.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:49 AM   #45
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Timezone explains why I did not have a problem.

I have tooltips disabled, so I did not see the underlying timestamp
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote