Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 08-16-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
nagash
nagash began at the beginning.

Device: rockchip 1.1.1
Unhappy help with RockChip reader anyone?

Hello!
I bought a RockChip reader (version 1.1.1 touch) before a week.
From the first time using it,since now,it shuts down after 3 minutes (although I didn't select that option) and after that all my data are lost!
The weird thing is that all settings are lost too,except the date and time..
I tried to contact the seller,and the only thing he could tell me in english was to format it-which I tried,with no luck several times,unless I do it wrong!

Can someone tell me what can I do,or if there's a possibility to change firmware to make it work? (and how that can be done?)

Thanks in advance!
nagash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
john.lr93
john.lr93 began at the beginning.

Device: Ebook Rockchip
hey

Hi, i have rockchip reader version 1.1.0 the same thing happens to me (however my reader doesnt shut down after a few minutes) all the data in my reader erases, i dont know how to fix that, i have been reading some posts and i think the solution could be reinstalling the firmware or install a new one like SKYTEX (http://skytex.com/support/primer-ere...wares#products), but the thing is whenever i tried to install the new firmware the reader shuts down and again.. all the data is lost and the reader now has no format, so i need to give it a format each time i turn on my reader.

Im not really sure if im doing it right, but ill describe how i am doing it, i downloaded this RK28 and the skytex firmware (above), after you install the skytex driver, inside the folder is an *.img file, i have tried to run this file trough the RK28 device manager (i think im doing it wrong) but when is loading my reader shut downs.. and well thats all i have tried.. if you find the way to fix or install a new firmware please let me know how you did it. (sorry for bad english)
john.lr93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
nagash
nagash began at the beginning.

Device: rockchip 1.1.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by john.lr93 View Post
Hi, i have rockchip reader version 1.1.0 the same thing happens to me (however my reader doesnt shut down after a few minutes) all the data in my reader erases
Hi there!
Same problem,huh?
Well,just yesterday I found the solution,and now my reader works again!

All you have to do it to plug a micro SD card to it! (although I found it difficult at start,because it doesn't accept normal SD cards as it says it's compatible,and I had to open the reader to take it out! But I found that ones used on phones should do the work!)

Then,you just open it,and go to books,or music,or whatever you want! (I go first to settings and deactivate the stupid automatic shutdown!) Your card will appear,and you have to choose it! Everything's loaded there-saved bookmarks for the fisrt time!

I know that it's not a permanent solution,like it's fixed,but everyone I asked told me that there isn't any way to be fixed-even the seller I bought it refund me,and told me to keep it!
It works perfect now-or should I say,like it never worked since the day I got it?
Try it yourself and tell me!
nagash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #4
megandav
megandav began at the beginning.

Device: rock chip e reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagash View Post
Hello!
I bought a RockChip reader (version 1.1.1 touch) before a week.
From the first time using it,since now,it shuts down after 3 minutes (although I didn't select that option) and after that all my data are lost!
The weird thing is that all settings are lost too,except the date and time..
I tried to contact the seller,and the only thing heould tell me in english was to format it-which I tried,with no luck several times,unless I do it wrong!

Can someone tell me what can I do,or if there's a possibility to change firmware to make it work? (and how that can be done?)

Thanks in advance!
to stop your reader shutting down after 3 mins you have to change the automatic shut down each time you start up. go to time settings and chose shut down and select no shut down.
megandav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
data lost, problem, reader shuts down, rockchip