Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
BlueCross
BlueCross began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Some questions about Kindle Touch

I got a second-hand Kindle Touch, and trying to get used to it.

1. When I try to register with my Amazon accout, it says 'Unable to Connect: There was an error while registering your Kindle. Please try again later'. Obviosly it's not a network error as I already established Wi-Fi connection, and the Kindle actually rejects a wrong account or a wrong password. It's only displayed when I put my information correctly. I have no problem with my Amazon account and have Android Kindle and Kindle cloud reader running fine.

2. It won't update. As I cannot register it, I decided to update it manually by following the instruction of Amazon website. When I put the firmware(mine is 5.0.3 and I'm trying to update to 5.1.0)in the Kindle root folder and push the update button, it reboots and shows update messages and progress bar. However, after the update, the device info still shows the older version. I redownloaded, reinstalled the firmware as the instruction says, but it didn't help.

I searched for the possible reasons but couldn't find anything helpful.

edit : I mistakenly posted this in the developer's corner instead of the kindle forum. I'm terribly sorry for it and it would be much appreciated if a moderator could move this.

Last edited by BlueCross; 02-26-2013 at 04:28 AM.
BlueCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:48 AM   #2
JNT
Connoisseur
JNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic somethingJNT has a certain pleonastic something

Device: KT / K4NT / T62D / T68
I would suggest: Kubrick: Live CD to debrick Kindle 3, 4, and Touch
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=206064
JNT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCross View Post
edit : I mistakenly posted this in the developer's corner instead of the kindle forum. I'm terribly sorry for it and it would be much appreciated if a moderator could move this.
Nope. You did get the correct forum. You are here and this is the place.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #4
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
call amazon

in their help pages, they give easy ways to contact them. they are quite friendly! It worked for me.
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote