Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #76
FrigoCoder
FrigoCoder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FrigoCoder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FrigoCoder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Touch
I needed some hack that provides a directory browser in the home screen instead of Amazon's flat out insanity. This comes close but it's slow and still a hassle. No cigar
FrigoCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:00 AM   #77
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
EDIT: Stupid question: What's the numbers supposed to mean in the status bar during the import? I got that the first one is the number of items in the collection being imported, but the second was was always 0 ;?
I didn't think anybody would ever see it - it's the "number of sub-collections kept".
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:02 AM   #78
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrigoCoder View Post
I needed some hack that provides a directory browser in the home screen instead of Amazon's flat out insanity. This comes close but it's slow and still a hassle. No cigar
Yeah... so? Why don't you just go ahead and code what you need?

Last edited by ixtab; 08-10-2012 at 06:22 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:06 AM   #79
buscon
buscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it isbuscon knows what time it is

Device: Kindle touch
Thank you so much for the great plugin!
buscon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 06:43 AM   #80
FrigoCoder
FrigoCoder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FrigoCoder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FrigoCoder has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Yeah... so? Why don't you just go ahead and code what you need?
Didn't want to diss your work, just expressed it's not for what I was trying to do.

I was thinking of cooking up a new home screen but it's gotta wait a few months. Still, I tried to find alternatives.
FrigoCoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #81
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@ixtba: Got it, thanks! I certainly had some time to look at the pretty status bar when doing a ~150 collections import .

The second import went fine btw, nothing blew up ^^. I'll just have to tweak the calibre plugin to disregard the current collections.json file and history, since, unless you do an export each time you intend to refresh the collections through Calibre, it risks being not in sync with the the actual CC db, so you end up possibly loosing items in Kindle-only collections (in my case a Reading/TBR collection that's managed entirely from the Kindle).

(Am I right to assume that it can delete *items* from an existing collection during import?)
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 08:35 AM   #82
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
(Am I right to assume that it can delete *items* from an existing collection during import?)
Yes... actually it will replace the content of existing collections with what is found in collections.json. But in addition, it will keep existing sub-collections (only)
Old 08-10-2012, 08:38 AM   #83
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ixtab: Perfect, thanks for the confirmation!
Old 08-10-2012, 11:56 AM   #84
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
@ixtab

first of all, thank you for creating such a useful app.

the UI is quite intuitive, but because of a few peculiar behaviours of the app, it took me some time to figure out some of the operations.

one area which i hope you will improve on is the "Filter". when one uses the "filter" to search for a collection, the collections that fit the filter condition will be displayed. when one select a particular collection, the name of the collection will appear in the "current collection" box. but the contents of the collection will not show. this is because the "filter" condition still remains. but because the "filter" box is empty the user may be confused and do not know the reason why the contents are not shown. only when one taps on the "filter" box will one see the filter word. and only by deleting the word will the contents in the collection be displayed.

could you fix this, so that when a collection is selected, the "filter" box will be cleared and the contents will be displayed.

thanks.
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #85
yiming
Zealot
yiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animalsyiming is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch, PW2, PW5
@ixtab

i've updated the Chinese localisation files to version 1.2.1. they are at:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=47

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...5&postcount=48
yiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 02:15 PM   #86
astmario
Connoisseur
astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astmario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hy, I updated localization file with Serbian translation.
Attached Files
File Type: txt KTCollectionsManager-localization.txt (4.4 KB, 608 views)
astmario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #87
NiLuJe
BLAM!

And here's the promised tweaks to the Calibre plugin: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...postcount=1667

Please test that I didn't break everything, or missed some stuff that would help Touch users .
Old 08-12-2012, 05:12 PM   #88
atimeofclarity
atimeofclarity began at the beginning.

Strings for russian localisation.
[ru]
display.allitems=Отображать все пункты
display.collectionsonly=Отображать только коллекции
invisible.show=Показывать скрытые пункты на стартовом экране
invisible.hide=Скрывать скрытые пункты на стартовом экране
import.calibre=Импортировать коллекции из Calibre
export.calibre=Экспортировать коллекции в Calibre
update.dir.menu=Создать коллекции из дирректорий
update.dir.msg=Внимание: это потенциально опасное действие. Будут УДАЛЕНЫ все коллекции с устройства, затем будут созданы коллекции в зависимости от структуры дирректорий документов/папок. Вы действительно хотите продолжить?
update.dir.title=Импорт коллекций
delete.all.menu=Удалить все коллекции
delete.all.msg=Вы уверены?
action.done=Действие выполнено успешно.
atimeofclarity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #89
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ixtab: A small nitpick: It'd be nice if the few settings from the Menu were persistent... .
Old 08-14-2012, 10:07 PM   #90
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Here comes the Persian localization updated for v1.3.3.

Thanks ixtab... I took your advice and finally upgraded my girl Katie 5.0.1 to 5.1.2 just to try this out. And I'm glad, I'll keep this firmware. This is the best homebrewed addition to Kindles ever, great job.
I've got a few comments that come before the Tip Jars full of honey!

1. The items that are assigned to a collection (whatever collection it is) be marked with a greyed check mark. I get lost of what are the items I've already put in a collection and what not.

2. After clicking on "Copy item up/down" button, it'd be nice if the user can see it actually happened, some sort of confirmation... well not a pop-up (as it's too distractive and time consuming) but maybe greyed check mark or automatically hiding those items or etc.

3. Selecting multiple (well in your case a handful of items as it's 5 at a time at most when panes are open) is super cool, but nicer would be if user's selection be still active when going to previous/next page to select even more items (speaking of two panels in Collection Manager). Right now, when you go to next page, the previous ones will be deselected.

4. I think it'd be good if Hide/Show invisible items were just applied to the bottom pane. (As filter is just for top pane). This way, each pane (if user wants to) can have a particular job, top one as source (for selecting and manipulating items) and bottom one as target (for selecting and manipulating collections). BUT if [s]he wants two panes can have same objectives (as they have right now).
hmmm! oops, wish I never said that -> I wonder what is the fate of poor Antoinekamel, now that I saw this.

EDIT: [Off-topic] By the way, now I can access my mp3s right from home screen, I created a Music collection... It'd be great if the built-in audiobook reader could act like built-in mp3 player [play in background] as right now when I close audiobook player, mp3 stops playing.
Attached Files
File Type: txt KTCollectionsManager-localization.txt (5.0 KB, 566 views)

Last edited by thatworkshop; 09-03-2012 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Localization updated for v1.3.3
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, collections manager, kindle touch hacks