Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #31
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You can't. Reading position synching only works with Amazon-purchased content. This is also true with a "real" Kindle.
It can be done. Take your mobi-file and email it to your Kindle address. Then fetch the file to your Kindle and your iPad and you can sync between your devices.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:22 AM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenlind View Post
It can be done. Take your mobi-file and email it to your Kindle address. Then fetch the file to your Kindle and your iPad and you can sync between your devices.
What I wrote was perfectly true at the time that I wrote it - almost two years ago.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 10:47 AM   #33
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What I wrote was perfectly true at the time that I wrote it - almost two years ago.
Well I hadn't observed the date of your post .
I don't normally go several years back to find an interesting thread, but this thread was moved forward because of the post from Kruskall, and the subject of the thread interested me.

But still, I believe that my info will interest the thread starter.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:31 AM   #34
Razi
Zealot
Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Razi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba E740, Cassiopeia, iLiad, iPad, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
For last few days I've been able to directly 'send to Kindle' all my .mobi files by right clicking on them. Does it mean that Amazon have opened the iOS Kindle app for non-Amazon .mobi files? Do files transferred this way get synchronized on all your devices like ebooks purchased from Amazon do?
Razi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:29 AM   #35
svenlind
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
For last few days I've been able to directly 'send to Kindle' all my .mobi files by right clicking on them. Does it mean that Amazon have opened the iOS Kindle app for non-Amazon .mobi files? Do files transferred this way get synchronized on all your devices like ebooks purchased from Amazon do?
Non Amazon .mobi files are synchronized across devices. At least across my iPad and Kindle 3.
Advert