Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-11-2012, 08:10 PM   #61
zamana
Zealot
zamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfoldedzamana reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Kindles: Touch, PW1, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daletsteele View Post
I haven't seen any reference to this app being compatible with the Touch. Can anyone verify whether this is correct or not? If it is, I'd like to give it a try and brush up on my chess playing in between books.

Thanks, Dale
I'm interested about this information too.

Thanks.
zamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 03:34 PM   #62
vitalidon
vitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Voyage 5.12.1, Kindle 4NT
cr3runner permissions

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-ror View Post
I have used the same commands.txt but it doesn´t run. It says:

access denied (java.io.FilePermission /mnt/us/K3Chess/ goqt.sh execute)

Any idea? thx.
Let me remember the details:

"Regular" guide says to edit the file /mnt/main/opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy
and add the following lines:

grant {
permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/qtKindle/-", "read,execute";
permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/cr3runner/-", "read,write,execute";
permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/cr3/-", "read,execute";
};

But that would work only with Cool Reader which by the way is the best thing I have on kindle so far.

To make cr3runner to work with other applications (such as k3chess) instead of the above code it is necessary to add permissions for any program that will run in /mnt/us. Let me get my kindle to look up the script since I do not remember where I found the correct stuff.
Ok, I just got this from my kindle.

grant {
permission java.io.FilePermission "/mnt/us/-", "read,write,execute";
};

This should take care of the permission error.
Let me know how it goes for you.
vitalidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #63
t-ror
t-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it is

Device: K4nt
Sorry vitalidon, I dont see the file /mnt/main/opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy. I dont see the folder "/ mnt / main /" Maybe because I work on windows? I tried with ubuntu. I have had no luck.
t-ror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:36 AM   #64
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Sorry vitalidon, I dont see the file /mnt/main/opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy. I dont see the folder "/ mnt / main /" Maybe because I work on windows? I tried with ubuntu. I have had no luck.
search this forum and its wiki for "usbnetwork" and use it with winscp
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #65
t-ror
t-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it ist-ror knows what time it is

Thx thomass. I have tried to use winscp but it does not work. It shows a password error with "mario". However, putty does login ok. As it says the directory is only to read, I have done this:

mntroot rw
vi /mnt/main/opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy
a grant {
};
:w
:q

It does not work. Any help? Sorry, my english is very bad and my knowledge of telnet worse.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #66
t-ror

Oks, I have launched WinSCP with SCP file protocol. The file mnt/main/opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy does not appear. I created it but it does not work, it keeps showing the same error

Help me?

Edit: K4 had 4.0.0 firmware.

Last edited by t-ror; 05-27-2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #67
vitalidon
vitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametervitalidon can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Oks, I have launched WinSCP with SCP file protocol. The file mnt/main/opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy does not appear. I created it but it does not work, it keeps showing the same error

Help me?

Edit: K4 had 4.0.0 firmware.
It should work both WinSCP and putty.
I think before you would be able to see the file structure you need to mount the file system first:

cd /mnt/us
mkdir /mnt/main
mount -t ext3 -o rw /dev/mmcblk0p1 /mnt/main

and after that you should be able to see the file:

/mnt/main/opt/amazon/ebook/security/external.policy

and to be able to modify it.
If you get an empty file it means the filesystem is still not mounted properly.

My kindle is on 4.0.1 firmware but I don't think this should be a problem.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:44 AM   #68
t-ror

I brick the Kindle. I see the tree but does not start, blank screen and re-start. I'm reading the forum. Thanks anyway.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:49 AM   #69
t-ror

I unbrick the K4nt (thx geekmaster) I install CR3 Runner and I edit external.policy file (with grant {
};
)

Now when I run cr3 runner says:

The permission to open this content is not a valid date. Contact the developer.

(Or something like that, my k4nt spoke in Spanish)

Old 06-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #70
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
I unbrick the K4nt (thx geekmaster)...
Bricking and debricking has become a normal part of the kindle software development process. Many of us have lost count of how many times we bricked our kindles. If we did not have these debricking tools, there would be a LOT of kindles gathering dust in drawers or on shelves.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #71
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:

The permission to open this content is not a valid date. Contact the developer.
try it after connecting to internet with your Kindle ( ie sync )
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #72
t-ror

@geekmaster, I'm not a developer. I'm fanatic of chess who, until yesterday, I had only used putty for open ports in a zyxel router.

@thomass, @vitalidon, thank you for your patience, help and advices. K3 chess runs in my k4nt!!

See you...
Old 06-04-2012, 03:26 AM   #73
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Hi t-ror!
would you be mind to share us the method how to install on Kindle4?
Thank you very much!
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:09 PM   #74
vitalidon

Quote:
@geekmaster, I'm not a developer. I'm fanatic of chess who, until yesterday, I had only used putty for open ports in a zyxel router.

@thomass, @vitalidon, thank you for your patience, help and advices. K3 chess runs in my k4nt!!

See you...
For just a chess fanatic you've done a hell of the job (including unbricking your kindle). Good job
Old 06-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #75
t-ror

@Kindlevarazs

1) "Ixtab" Simple JailBreak Method
2) Install K3chess
3) Install Cr3runner
3) Edit command.txt and add a line with the route where K3chess is
4) Edit external.policy (read vitalidon'instructions)
5) Connect to Inet.
6) If you need a debricking: Simple debricking method
7) Good luck.

@vitalidon, thanks again.