Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 01-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
hilaryfrompa
Member Retired
hilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-books

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
SD Card-Size Limit?

Newegg has a 8GB micro SD card on sale for $7.99, Kingston. Apparently, the card might have some formatting issues. I do not own a smartphone or other android device, so please don't laugh: is there any limitation on the size of a micro sd card that you can use in a PE? Thank you.
hilaryfrompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #2
Qwill
Enthusiast
Qwill began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
I now for sure that 32gb SD cards are working, I am using one.
O don't know if 64GB cards works.
Qwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryfrompa View Post
Newegg has a 8GB micro SD card on sale for $7.99, Kingston. Apparently, the card might have some formatting issues. I do not own a smartphone or other android device, so please don't laugh: is there any limitation on the size of a micro sd card that you can use in a PE? Thank you.
32 GB is the limit. The SD card should come pre-formatted FAT32. If you into problems you can Quick Format the SD card on any PC or if the SD card is being reported as damaged see the attached PDF.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi Hilaryfrompa! Welcome to MobileRead and this forum!

Your question was/is a smart one -- not all devices can handle all sd cards. I saw the microsd card I think you mean on Newegg. It warns that you need to be able to use an SDHC card, which the PE can. And this one comes with an SD adapter, which I think is great! I'm tempted to get one myself.

Here's a good discussion thread if you have more questions: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...highlight=sdhc

Last edited by Filark; 01-14-2012 at 02:08 AM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:06 AM   #5
hilaryfrompa
Member Retired
hilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-bookshilaryfrompa has learned how to read e-books

Thanks, Filark. I love this forum. I'm sorta-kinda an anti-establishment tech person; I wouldn't buy 95% of the devices discussed on MobileRead--specifically because they fall into Keeping Up with the Joneses. I'd like you experts to get together and form an online business, where you'll replace our batteries once they run out.

I've read articles here on battery life, and, man, they're confusing. To Discharge or Not to Discharge? That really IS the question.

(Oh, and I sprung for a $8. SD card. The bigger size are exactly what the 32G USBs were in, say, 2008--a gazillion dollars. By 2009, you could get flash drives that size for $20.)

Last edited by hilaryfrompa; 01-14-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Advert
Old 01-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #6
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
The eDGe has a lithium-ion polymer battery which means that you do not have to completely discharge it before recharging.

Check this out: http://www.duracelldirect.com/specs.aspx
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #7
hilaryfrompa
Member Retired

I realize that, but does keeping it on AC prolong its life?
Old 01-15-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
MissileMax
MissileMax will become famous soon enoughMissileMax will become famous soon enoughMissileMax will become famous soon enoughMissileMax will become famous soon enoughMissileMax will become famous soon enoughMissileMax will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Nook Touch, Nook simple touch, Note2

Ill look for some references this afternoon. My personnal experience is charging and discharge cycles have very little effect on life. Keeping it on charge or using it everyday has little effect on life. The biggest factors are age and temperature. Heat kills li-ion batteries. Keep your edge cool (not cold). Leave the battery 70-80 percent charged when in storage. And replace it after 3-4 years. There is no way to get around replacing the battery...other then teathering it to a wall when the battery dies or not using it.

My advice is to use your eDGe and enjoy it. Charge it up at night when you go to bed and don't worrry about the battery. Its like being woried about getting old

----

On the SD card topic, I use a 32GB sandisk class 4 with no problems.
MissileMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:46 PM   #9
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...
Yivi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe - iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissileMax View Post

Its like being woried about getting old
Well said.
Yivi is offline   Reply With Quote