Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-02-2020, 02:21 PM   #1
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
KV updated.

Hi All,

Been away from the forums for a while and whilst I thought I was protected with a dummy download file with modified permissions I was obviously wrong.
My Jailbroken KV updated today to 5.12.3.
I knew there used to be a way to redo the jailbreak but despite my searching I can't find it.
I also seem to remember it stopped working a while back and you needed to downgrade to reapply the jailbreak.
Does anyone have any guidance on this please?
I've looked in the KV wiki but that is just a placeholder and as I said I've done various searches but haven't happened across the information I need.

Thank you in advance.

Akirainblack.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 02:32 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O & Forma
Sticky: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320564 (specifically "Making sure your JB survives updates").

And if reinstalling the Hotfix fails: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=325477
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:51 AM   #3
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, as always, NiLuJe! I'll try that as soon as I get home today and update with my success /failure. About to go on holiday so need my kindle. ��
Old 02-03-2020, 11:53 AM   #4
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

The jailbreak fails with error 007.
The emergency.sh appears to work
I've extracted the mkk to the mrpackages folder and issued the ;log mrpi command.
The kindle reboots but when I try to run KUAL it gives me an application error.
Tried installing both KUAL_booklet and KUAL_booklet_hotfix with no luck.

;log mrpi reboots the Kindle in case that helps.

Any advice please?

Last edited by Akirainblack; 02-03-2020 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 12:30 PM   #5
hius07
Evangelist
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...26#post3944226
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:11 PM   #6
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

Thank you hius07 I followed that, however get an error 007 when I try to install the KUAL coplate update as an update. I've also tried installing it via mrpi but still an application error.

After error 007 do the following
- restore ;log mrpi command (the link above)
Copied emergency.sh to root of kindle and restarted - 3 files successfully created.
f:\done_emergency.sh
f:\new_debug_cmds.json
f:\old_debug_cmds.json
(attempted with and without a second reboot here)
- download K5 JailBreak archive
downloaded kindle-jailbreak-1.16.N-r16683.tar.xz
- take Update_jailbreak_bridge_*_install.bin from the archive and install it via ;log mrpi
followed step - f:\mrpackages\Update_jailbreak_bridge_1.16.N_insta ll.bin - ;log mrpi
kindle reboots bar fills.
- install KUAL hotfix (from KUAL coplate archive) as update
Downloaded KUAL-f54e864-20191030.tar.xz and extracted the hotfix file,
f:\Update_KUALBooklet_hotfix_f54e864_install.bin
attempted to install as an update.
- Settings -Update your Kindle.
Update Error: 007

Last edited by Akirainblack; 02-03-2020 at 02:14 PM.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:27 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Err, define "reboot". It should absolutely never ever actually reboot when running MRPI.

You might want to try updating MRPI first, in case you have a dodgy version.

In any case, sounds like it's been killed dead.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:34 PM   #8
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

Type in ;log mrpi and hit the arrow.
keyboard disappears
screen briefly goes white
goes to the kindle screen with the person reading under a tree and then the bar fills up.
Back to the home screen.

Bah, that sucks, thank you anyway both of you.
Old 02-03-2020, 05:35 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Do try updating MRPI, but that vaguely reminds me of what happened when the whole noexec stuff hit, so that probably won't help.
Old 02-04-2020, 03:23 AM   #10
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

Thanks again NiLuJe - I have already tried updating MRPI but nothing changed.
I thought that if the emergency.sh script worked and created the 3 files at least some of the Jailbreak had survived? I only truly care about the screensavers TBH, anything else is a bonus, I just can't stand the stock ones they're horrible.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:28 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!

The emergency script can't do the required changes if the remnants of bridge are too old .
Old 02-05-2020, 05:20 AM   #12
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

Once again thanks NiLuJe. A real pity, but your help as always is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:47 AM   #13
Akirainblack
abibliophobic

I take it I can't downgrade using a factory image and jailbreak again that way?
Old 02-05-2020, 07:47 AM   #14
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Nope.