Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-30-2017, 11:15 PM   #1
PERSISTENCE
PERSISTENCE began at the beginning.

Device: NONE
Using Metadata Plugboards with Android tablet/phone (Onyx Boox (i86HDMI), Samsung S7)

Hi -
I am trying to set up /experiment with metadata plugboards, having just purchased an Onyx Boox i86 HDMI (Android tablet).
I would also like to use the plugboard for my Android phone (Samsung S7 Edge).

The plugboards do not provide an option for an "Android' device - but the Calibre user manual /help page for metadata plugboards indicates that there should be an entry for ANDROID devices. Am I missing something? Do I need to fix something to make this entry visible?

Ideally I'd like to obtain an entry so I can create metadata plugboards for the Onyx Boox and Samsung S7 Edge specifically - is that possible (or is it unnecessary if I can get the Android entry up and working)?

Thanks...
Persistence
PERSISTENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:26 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PERSISTENCE View Post
Hi -
I am trying to set up /experiment with metadata plugboards, having just purchased an Onyx Boox i86 HDMI (Android tablet).
I would also like to use the plugboard for my Android phone (Samsung S7 Edge).

The plugboards do not provide an option for an "Android' device - but the Calibre user manual /help page for metadata plugboards indicates that there should be an entry for ANDROID devices. Am I missing something? Do I need to fix something to make this entry visible?

Ideally I'd like to obtain an entry so I can create metadata plugboards for the Onyx Boox and Samsung S7 Edge specifically - is that possible (or is it unnecessary if I can get the Android entry up and working)?

Thanks...
Persistence
What version of Calibre? What OS?

I just looked, W10 x64 and it is there (I stay to current release)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2017, 11:27 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Android devices are handled either by ANDROID or MTP depending on how the USB connectivity works. For MTP based devices simply right click the device icon in calibre and select configure this device.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote