Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-16-2019, 04:08 PM   #1246
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAIvY View Post
Wow thank you for the keen diagnostic, would you be able to enlighten me as to the process that you carried out to remove the CDEContentKey that got the file working as a work around.
I used KindeUnpack to determine what I was looking for and a hex file editor to patch out the field I needed to remove. It took some knowledge of the workings of the MOBI format. I believe that there are programs that can modify MOBI metadata in a user-friendly way, but I haven’t used any of them.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 08:31 PM   #1247
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
...I believe that there are programs that can modify MOBI metadata in a user-friendly way, but I haven’t used any of them.
Gluggy's excellent Java Mobi Metadata Editor is one of them that I use.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2019, 09:53 AM   #1248
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
FYI KCC output have double header as it is kindlegen output. I don't know any user-friendly tool that can edit it properly without splitting file.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 11:57 AM   #1249
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As Amazon apparently don't plan improve Kindle anymore I want to inform with pleasure that Oasis 2 profile is still valid for Oasis 3.
Old 06-24-2019, 02:04 PM   #1250
mooms
mooms began at the beginning.

Device: Inkpad 3
Hello,

I'm using KCC for its splitting ability (I have an inkpad 3 and some cbz mangas I read are scanned double page), but KCc is tinkering with the gamma and the aspect ratio, is it possible to avoid that ?

Image samples removed per OP request -- NiLuJe

Ideally, I would only split the image in two and nothing else: no resolution, gamma, or ratio change, is it possible ? Or maybe an other software exist ?

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-24-2019 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Removed sample images, as per request -- NiLuJe
mooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2019, 03:39 PM   #1251
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

You can disable gamma changes (set custom gamma to 1.0) and some of processing but resizing is not optional. If you need only splitting I'm quite sure you can find some other software.

Also please remove your samples - they break forum layout.

Off-topic: It is 2019. We have technology to fix this forum theme for more than 15 years. Maybe it is time?

Last edited by AcidWeb; 06-24-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 06-24-2019, 04:34 PM   #1252
mooms

Thanks, setting gamma to 1.0 works.

KCC auto splitting works very well, I have tried scan tailor but the process needs a lot of manual works, and the auto guess fail often.

I can't edit the post anymore, maybe it's because I'm new here.
Old 06-24-2019, 05:08 PM   #1253
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mooms: Indeed it is . I took care of that for you (and took care of your answer, which you posted twice because it fell into the moderation queue, probably because your first post was mainly external links), PM me in case I botched it .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #1254
mooms

Thanks NiLuJe, you could have left the links to the images, but that's OK.
The weird thing is: my first two posts were not pre-moderated !
I hope the "newbie limitation" will not last too long...

edit: this post was instantly validated so it's a good sign !
Old 06-24-2019, 11:15 PM   #1255
sinuskooky
sinuskooky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
Is there a solution to pages getting duplicated? My device is PW3
sinuskooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:46 AM   #1256
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I'm not aware about that issue. Maybe you enabled panel view and display pages multiple times?
Old 06-25-2019, 01:55 AM   #1257
sinuskooky
sinuskooky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3
How do I disable this?
sinuskooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 10:54 AM   #1258
JAIvY
JAIvY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 3 (7th Generation)
So, I took a little break from this and came back yesterday and managed to figure out the work around. Thank you PoP for the recommendation, I was able to use Java Mobi Metadata Editor to solve the syncing issue, however I have ran into another issue with the splitting process. It seems I'm destined to fail.

After splitting the file into it's .mobi and .azw3 parts, which is required for the mobi metadata editor. The layout of the files changes, as seen here https://imgur.com/a/KoXJfqE. The split file also now includes multiple blank pages. As you can see, I've tried it with the example file as well, with the same results. I've tried to find any mention of this and have been unsuccessful, so I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not. I'm using the Calibre Plugin for Kindle Unpack. I've also compared the metadata for the pre split and post split files with no differences noted after the split has initially occurred.

Any help would be much appreciated.
JAIvY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:11 PM   #1259
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
Is there any place in the GUI where we can see what command lines are actually used when we hit the "Convert" button?
radius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 02:21 PM   #1260
Mkay
Mkay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have a question regarding the source:
Where is the meta data written to the final mobi file? I simply can't find it. I only see where the meta data of the original file is being read and placed into the 'options' variable ('getComicInfo' function).

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Mkay; 07-26-2019 at 02:23 PM.
Mkay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools