Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
Unolord
Unolord began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPod Touch
ATale of Two Cheap Cases

I know some people will spend a decent amount of $ on their K3 case, but I decided to take the frugal path and order some off of eBay for roughly $10-13 CDN each.

The first pic is of the cases side by side.

The 2nd pic is the case from SmartDigitalGear. The case itself feels fine and the padding is decent but the bottom row of the K3's buttons are hidden if you have the K3 sitting properly in the case. U can either push the K3 up a bit (as I did in the pic) or just press the hidden buttons beneath the "leather". The D-Pad is trickier to use unless you push the device up.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The last pic is from Besthoo Store. I use this case. The K3 fits perfectly and the padding is fine. You can't fold the front cover all the way back and have it sit flush as you can with the case from SmartDigitalGear but it's a minor issue.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	#1.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	354.7 KB
ID:	60778   Click image for larger version

Name:	#2.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	60779   Click image for larger version

Name:	#3.JPG
Views:	228
Size:	377.3 KB
ID:	60780  
Unolord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 12:51 PM   #2
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Great prices! I like the fact that they both have those inner pockets which is the one thing I feel is missing from the Amazon leather covers.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2010, 08:46 PM   #3
Unolord
Unolord began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, iPod Touch
There are plenty of cases and sleeves on eBay. If you're like me and don't want to spend a ton of $ on accessories for a device you'll probably stop using or give away in 2+ years these low cost synthetic leathers fit the bill nicely.
Unolord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #4
Jcas
Zealot
Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Jcas knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Kindle PW2,Kindle DXG,iPhone 4
Thanks for the info, i was looking at these on ebay, i decided they were probably too cheap to be worthwhile, but i may be tempted to try one now ..
Jcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:36 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I like those
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert