Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

View Poll Results: In which e-book formats do you have books that you'd still like to be able to read?
eReader 41 38.32%
Mobipocket 51 47.66%
Sony's BBeB (LRX) 30 28.04%
Kindle (AZW) 7 6.54%
MS Reader (LIT) 48 44.86%
Bookwise (IMP) 11 10.28%
Isilo (IS/PDB) 10 9.35%
Plucker 3 2.80%
RocketBook (RB) 6 5.61%
Franklin (FUB) 0 0%
Hiebook (KML) 0 0%
Other (please specify below) 6 5.61%
Since you're going to ask for it: open/non-dedicated ebook formats such as PDF, HTML, TXT, RTF, etc. 68 63.55%
I've never bought any e-books in an encrypted format 8 7.48%
I'd just like to see the results 5 4.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #46
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Most formats can be converted into one I can read on my current readers. The exception is IMP...I have many books in IMP format, the reader has long since gone to gadget heaven, and I've never found a converter for these.

It is annoying, some of these are books I'd like to read again.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #47
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdibella View Post
Most formats can be converted into one I can read on my current readers. The exception is IMP...I have many books in IMP format, the reader has long since gone to gadget heaven, and I've never found a converter for these.

It is annoying, some of these are books I'd like to read again.
It would be nice to have a converter but you can still read those eBooks on a PC or a Mac. Download the free eBook Publisher from ETI. It contains a eBook Reader for IMP.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote