Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 06-03-2018, 08:57 AM   #1
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3, Onyx T76ML, Kobo H2O Edition 1, Kobo Mini
Switch keyboard layouts on the fly

I was searching around here how to add Greek keyboard layout to Koreader, but looks like under frontend/ui/data/keyboardlayouts/ Greek is already there. How to activate it?

There is the globe button on the keyboard. It currently switches to Russian at least. How to add more keyboard layouts under than button so that the globe button would cycle through as many layouts as are available?

And a suggestion: Would you consider an option to obtain diacritical letters by long press from under the main letter? It would save lots of space and need for cycling around with extended layouts.

Last edited by mobama; 06-03-2018 at 09:06 AM.
mobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 12:01 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
AFAICT, the layout is chosen based on the language set in KOReader.

I'm not overly familiar with the layout backend, but that shouldn't be impossible, if possibly rendering the button actually impractical if it ends up switching between 1457 layouts when a random users only needs 2 or 3 .

As for diacritics, while I like the idea in theory (it's basically what any touch aware virtual-keyboard does when shown on an LCD), I'm afraid that in practice, because of the latency of the eInk tech, it'd end up clunky and messy.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 06-03-2018 at 08:36 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2018, 12:23 PM   #3
mobama
Evangelist
mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I'm not overly familiar with the layout backend, but that shouldn't be impossible, if possible rendering the button actually impractical if it ends up switching between 1457 layouts when a random users only needs 2 or 3 .
To fix that, perhaps replace the globe button with a keyboard-settings button to select a few layouts/alphabets and other options, such as perhaps keyboard height, long-press duration, etc. And to switch between the layouts perhaps slide/swipe/long-press on the spacebar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
As for diacritics, while I like the idea in theory (it's basically what any touch aware virtual-keyboard does when shown on an LCD), I'm afraid that in practice, because of the latency of the eInk tech, it'd end up clunky and messy.
In my experience it works in practice too, such as in Kobo's interface. Even unoptimised implementations in Android-based eink devices pose no problems.

Anyway, back to my question: How can I add Greek to Latin and Cyrillic alphabets in the keyboard? Do I need to remove e.g. Cyrillic?

Last edited by mobama; 06-03-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 06-03-2018, 08:35 PM   #4
embryo
Fanatic
embryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitembryo with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Glo, GloHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobama View Post
Anyway, back to my question: How can I add Greek to Latin and Cyrillic alphabets in the keyboard? Do I need to remove e.g. Cyrillic?
I just replace the std.lua with the Greek one. It has the Latin letters too, so I don't miss anything.
That's because I want to keep the English interface but also be able to search in Greek..
embryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 01:00 AM   #5
mobama
Evangelist

So we have to edit std.lua. I need to be able to search in Latin, Cyrillic, and Greek letters at least. Is it possible to edit std.lua to contain more sections?

Edit: By the way, I cannot find a std.lua. Is that a real filename? And you apparently don't mean koreader/frontend/device/sdl/keyboard_layout.lua

Conclusion: I still don't know what file I am supposed to edit.

Last edited by mobama; 06-04-2018 at 02:10 AM.
Advert