Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-17-2017, 08:11 AM   #61
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by greens View Post
how many books can you read with a single battery charge? thanks
It really depends on a large number of factors, such as the length of the book, the font size, line spacing, how often you set the page to fully refresh and so on. With my settings I easily get 10 hours of reading spending about 50-60% of the charge in one week, so figure about 7% for the daily loss while sleeping.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 08:51 AM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by greens View Post
how many books can you read with a single battery charge? thanks
Depends on the size of the books (and the settings such as line-height, font size, margins), you settings for light settings for how many pages until a screen refresh, how often you use the dictionary, and if Wifi is on. There are probably more things that affect how long the battery lasts until you need to charge. I don't think anyone is going to be able to give you your answer.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-17-2017 at 08:54 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2017, 09:08 AM   #63
pagepack
Zealot
pagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single bookpagepack has the entire Project Gutenberg collection on their reader and has corrected every single error in every single book

Device: Aura One
If you have a smartphone that requires charging virtually everyday, I don't see a problem charging the KA1 once a fortnight. Reading in one hand is no issue at all, its easy to forget what reading 800 page paperback was like.

I still prefer the kindle eco system, although I still buy ebooks from Amazon.

Last edited by pagepack; 03-17-2017 at 11:34 AM.
pagepack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:01 AM   #64
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pagepack View Post
I still prefer the kindle eco system, although I is still buy ebooks from Amazon.
So do I. Most of the time they are cheaper, and they have that 'Buy with one click'-thing down pat. No other ebookstore comes close to that convenience.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:30 AM   #65
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
So do I. Most of the time they are cheaper, and they have that 'Buy with one click'-thing down pat. No other ebookstore comes close to that convenience.
What you feel as a convenience, I see as an annoyance I cannot avoid I really, really hate "Buy with one click"
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #66
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Never bought an ebook from Amazon. However, I always check their prices before purchasing the same ebook on Kobo as Kobo does price matching.

After making the purchase on Kobo, I then fill out the online form to apply their price matching. Very easy to do. One just needs the link to the Kindle edition with Amazon's price. Have never been denied yet.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 03:20 PM   #67
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
What you feel as a convenience, I see as an annoyance I cannot avoid I really, really hate "Buy with one click"
Simply disable it in your account settings, then, if it bothers you. Although I can't imagine why it would (unless you have an itchy mouse finger).

Last edited by mbovenka; 03-17-2017 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-17-2017, 04:21 PM   #68
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Simply disable it in your account settings, then, if it bothers you. Although I can't imagine why it would (unless you have an itchy mouse finger).
You cannot disable it for ebooks (I don't know if it has changed)
Old 03-17-2017, 04:39 PM   #69
mbovenka
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
You cannot disable it for ebooks (I don't know if it has changed)
You're right, you can't:
Quote:
Turning 1-Click off only disables 1-Click for orders that can be shipped. 1-Click ordering doesn't affect digital purchases.
I didn't know that. Still, why would it be bothersome?
Old 03-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #70
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You're right, you can't:
Because you can make easily a mistake and you cannot correct it unless you go through all the process of returning a book. And you needn't an itchy book for making a mistake.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:45 AM   #71
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
You're right, you can't:
I don't like the one click either.

I like the verification of seeing the which credit card is used, if any gift cards are used, being able to use my amazon points, any credits being applied, what the final cost is, ...
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #72
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

I like the verification of seeing the which credit card is used, if any gift cards are used, being able to use my amazon points, any credits being applied, what the final cost is, ...
I totally agree
Old 03-20-2017, 03:39 AM   #73
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post

Same here. I have two CC connected to my Amazon account, my personal one and the one that is connected to our shared bankaccount (CC here are by default connected to a bank account). Sometimes I want to buy a book for myself and want to use my personal CC. Sometimes I want to buy a book for the both of us and want to use the shared CC. With the One-Click, I can't do that. I have to log in, change my One-Click setting, buy the book. And next time I need to remember what the One-Click setting was using.

I also found out that you can't turn it off for ebooks...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 11:13 AM   #74
Dino84
Connoisseur
Dino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and graceDino84 herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Its an e-reader with a touch screen. There is no touch screen-lock so you have to be careful not to touch the screen by mistake while reading. This makes it somewat awkward and tiring to hold. No physical buttons.
Dino84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 01:52 PM   #75
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino84 View Post
Its an e-reader with a touch screen. There is no touch screen-lock so you have to be careful not to touch the screen by mistake while reading. This makes it somewat awkward and tiring to hold. No physical buttons.
Of course there's no touch screen lock. If there was, you'd not be able to do anything with it. Buttons are going away. I have an H2O (no buttons) and I have no problem holding it without accidentally touching the screen.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote