Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-16-2012, 05:12 AM   #16
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
I do not have <5.1.0. "All kindles" is interpreted by me as "all kindles running the most recent firmware available for them, which is what I can test on". If I had the time (or at this point the desire), I could flash 5.0.0 and try it. If 5.0.0 does not work like 5.1.0, did you try the putting a zip or cbz file in documents like for the k4 and earlier?

Or are you talking about file renaming? It helps if you include a quote (or relevant parts of a quote) to establish context.
No I was not talking about the file renaming (good to see you online)
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #17
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
(TMI)

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-16-2012 at 09:21 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2012, 06:40 AM   #18
MaPePeR
Connoisseur
MaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughingMaPePeR can shake the floor when laughing

Device: KT
Quote:
But a recent death in the family has left my emotions ripped open..
Maybe you should have a talk to a pastor, they are schooled to help you through this situation.
Quite contrary to the clumsy oafs we are.

Best Wishes
MaPePeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #19
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Image Viewer was not there before 5.1.0...There was only some clues about it, some files dropped here and there.
Anyway, running the command didn't bring up anything!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:23 AM   #20
geekmaster
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
No I was not talking about the file renaming (good to see you online)
Thank you.
Advert
Old 05-16-2012, 11:11 AM   #21
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Thank you.
Welcome
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #22
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Kindle 3 also works with this. both .cbz and .zip files load directly from the my documents folder.Thank you!
(Despite already knowing :P )

Last edited by Conner; 05-16-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:00 PM   #23
geekmaster

The "secret" was the K5(touch). The other models were just added to the thread to expand its scope (which is why they are confined primarily to the first paragraph, highlighted in dark red to indicate that they are an add-on).

Most of my posts are to benefit people who do not already know this. Insiders such as yourself who already know the information I post do not need to get "bent out of shape" over who "discovered" what before I did. I do not need to go down in history as a great discoverer, just a simple "Thank You" is enough.

Those who are upset because I posted too many messages or because they knew something before I published it, or because I used "big" words like "research", "discover", "invent", and other leadership words, and those who direct hostility at me out of jealous rage, are welcome to join others on my newly-activated "Ignore" list if they get too annoying for me to bear.

I hope you treat others with respect and kindness, as I try to do.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-16-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #24
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaPePeR View Post
Maybe you should have a talk to a pastor, they are schooled to help you through this situation.
Quite contrary to the clumsy oafs we are.

Best Wishes
Speak for yourself when referring to the members here.
(Rev.) knc1
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM   #25
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I wonder when Amazon will release an image viewer that acts really like the book reader...
Old 05-16-2012, 01:37 PM   #26
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I wonder when Amazon will release an image viewer that acts really like the book reader...
I have an (unfinished) image viewer app (C program) that lets you dynamically resize an image with pinch and stretch gestures. I tried supporting rotate too, but I discovered I need to fix the broken multi-touch code in the kindle (still broken in 5.1.0) needed to support rotating past a common axis.

When touching the screen, it changes to dithered mode to support "animated" resizing, then on finger release it redraws the "full grayscale" image. I have so many projects at various stages of completion that I bounce around between them at different times. This is just a hobby after all (no pay, no sponsors, and almost too many hecklers for my comfort -- the ignore button will help there).

Anyway, I have published enough code snippets here that people should be able to continue my plans in my absence, should I really decide that I must leave here to preserve my own peace and serenity.

Part of my plan for image resizing is so that you can expand small text in a comic book image for readability, and pan around between comic book frames within the page.

The important part is dynamic (real-time visual feedback) resizing and panning, so you can see a hint of what you will get when you "untouch" the screen.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:57 PM   #27
Conner
Enthusiast
Conner began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Quote:
The "secret" was the K5(touch). The other models were just added to the thread to expand its scope (which is why they are confined primarily to the first paragraph, highlighted in dark red to indicate that they are an add-on).

Most of my posts are to benefit people who do not already know this. Insiders such as yourself who already know the information I post do not need to get "bent out of shape" over who "discovered" what before I did. I do not need to go down in history as a great discoverer, just a simple "Thank You" is enough.

Those who are upset because I posted too many messages or because they knew something before I published it, or because I used "big" words like "research", "discover", "invent", and other leadership words, and those who direct hostility at me out of jealous rage, are welcome to join others on my newly-activated "Ignore" list if they get too annoying for me to bear.

I hope you treat others with respect and kindness, as I try to do.

Sorry. I didnt mean it like that!

Sorry to offend you.
Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:08 PM   #28
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conner View Post
Sorry. I didnt mean it like that!

Sorry to offend you.
Thank you. I have some very difficult things in my life at this time, and it is much too easy to see insult where it was not intended. I guess where it all fell apart recently is when a member confirmed explicitly that all of his insult and ill-will was intended and intentional (in posts that have been deleted). I am still much too raw and sensitive, and I will learn to use my "Ignore" button from now on when members get too aggressive or hostile for my comfort.

EDIT: I removed your original quote from my earlier post, after you removed the part that could be misinterpreted.

Last edited by geekmaster; 05-16-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:47 PM   #29
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
I have an (unfinished) image viewer app (C program) that lets you dynamically resize an image with pinch and stretch gestures. I tried supporting rotate too, but I discovered I need to fix the broken multi-touch code in the kindle (still broken in 5.1.0) needed to support rotating past a common axis.

When touching the screen, it changes to dithered mode to support "animated" resizing, then on finger release it redraws the "full grayscale" image. I have so many projects at various stages of completion that I bounce around between them at different times. This is just a hobby after all (no pay, no sponsors, and almost too many hecklers for my comfort -- the ignore button will help there).

Anyway, I have published enough code snippets here that people should be able to continue my plans in my absence, should I really decide that I must leave here to preserve my own peace and serenity.

Part of my plan for image resizing is so that you can expand small text in a comic book image for readability, and pan around between comic book frames within the page.

The important part is dynamic (real-time visual feedback) resizing and panning, so you can see a hint of what you will get when you "untouch" the screen.
This is awesome!

I really don't know why Amazon sells the Kindle Touch without a good image viewer (plus they used it in other Kindles)!
Adding an image viewer (although hidden) without bookmarks, resize, jump to image or similar isn't smart too...

If you're willing to carry on your project, you can look in this 3d: click.
I don't mean you need to look there to copy it, it's just because it sums up most of people's needings for a good image viewer!
Old 05-16-2012, 03:08 PM   #30
geekmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
This is awesome!

I really don't know why Amazon sells the Kindle Touch without a good image viewer (plus they used it in other Kindles)!
Adding an image viewer (although hidden) without bookmarks, resize, jump to image or similar isn't smart too...

If you're willing to carry on your project, you can look in this 3d: click.
I don't mean you need to look there to copy it, it's just because it sums up most of people's needings for a good image viewer!
The stuff at that link is interesting...