Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #16
mountain_lion
Addict
mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: fbreader, Kindle
Filet Mignon, medium... mashed plantain with a "Piña Colada".
mountain_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:11 PM   #17
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Salad greens left-over last nights roast chook and little tomatoes from the herb garden.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 12:37 AM   #18
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Brownies with chocolate icing
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 04:41 AM   #19
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TERMINATOR View Post
Is that like a Pakora's
More like this
Click image for larger version

Name:	frittomisto.jpg
Views:	335
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	66767
and this
Click image for larger version

Name:	fritto-misto-verdure.jpg
Views:	341
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	66768
I could not find a link, but it is just small pieces in Tempura batter deep fried in peanuts oil.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #20
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Last night I had a rather lovely black pudding, mashed potato, fried onion and apple meal at a nice bar here in Essen.

It's the 3rd time I've had that particular dish in the last 3 weeks but it's just great. Might even have it again tonight!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 06:12 AM   #21
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Pho so so good! and of course about 15 minutes after I posted that the power went out. so i turned everything off. it just came back on a little while ago, almost 0200 here. so I turned it back on very low and threw in some of the fragrant herbs. will deal with it further in a few hours. I want to try to get a bit more sleep.
Quote:
I suppose you don't use the ox tails?
er... you made Phở by yourself KK? from the view of an ordinary Vietnamese who usually enjoys traditional foods, I've never seen any place use ox tails
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #22
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Home made (by myself) Canadian Pea Soup. I am at home to day.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:18 AM   #23
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

OX tail.

If you ever go to Rome, make sure not to miss Coda alla Vaccinara. Vaccinaro is the cattle butcher and Vaccinara is his kind wife. Not in the sense of the shop keeper, but of the guy to which you bring your cattle to be butchered and dressed (?!). Read the link, is interesting.
There is a nice concept there, the fifth 4th.

I might try to cook it some times.

Note: this was intended as a comment to maianhvk post

Hi maianhvk

Last edited by beppe; 02-16-2011 at 07:20 AM.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:57 AM   #24
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ beppe: hi there,

sure I know many places that use ox tail. I tried ox tail hotpot also what I meant by 'any place use ox tails' was 'any place that sells Phở uses ox tails in their recipe' although Wikipedia confirms this, I think most places use beef bones instead.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #25
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Whole wheat blueberry pancakes topped with fried apples and maple syrup.
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #26
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
I suppose you don't use the ox tails?
I have made ox tail soup several times but I didn't use it in the Pho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
er... you made Phở by yourself KK? from the view of an ordinary Vietnamese who usually enjoys traditional foods, I've never seen any place use ox tails
yep! made it by myself! I find I quite like it! I think it is quite healthy and pretty filling. I used beef shanks with good marrow bones in them. I added ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and star anise, left it on a low simmer all yesterday while I was gone, then strained it several times through cheesecloth. I made enough of the broth to freeze several quarts of it. I am determined to start shedding the weight from this injury. even though it looks like I am going to miss this ski season, I WILL be skiing next year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianhvk View Post
@ beppe: hi there,

sure I know many places that use ox tail. I tried ox tail hotpot also what I meant by 'any place use ox tails' was 'any place that sells Phở uses ox tails in their recipe' although Wikipedia confirms this, I think most places use beef bones instead.
my recipe called for oxtails and marrow bones, I decided the shanks were a sufficient compromise
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 02:14 PM   #27
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

cauliflower soup with scallions, carrots and celery. Blended with a dash of cream. Plus the inevitable Parmesan. For me that was it. They had some prosciutto, potato salad and slices of 5 cereals bread. LD wanted a bit of sharp sheep cheese, the one they call romano: I keep it for grating mostly. Why not. Wife had Barbera d'Asti, just a glass. Me and LD sparkling water. Little Daughter had a cup of raspberries for dessert. Us Nespresso.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:43 PM   #28
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
Good idea.

The girls have fried fish (fish, octopuses, calamaris rings and shrimps) and fried legumes (zucchini, artichokes, cauliflower) in a tempura batter.
I am om a strict diet, so it is steamed rapini and canned tuna fish. Eh.
Wife is drinking Italian Tokai, myself sparkling water, Little daughter, no-caffeine Coke.
it could be a super dinner. It depends on the mood. For the moment it is quite good.
To make it better I will mix a sidecar for Wife, this might do the trick. Chips and pitted olives.
Sounds awesome! I'm only having a bagel
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:38 AM   #29
maianhvk
whimsical

@ KK: where did you find the right kind of noodle for Phở? I suppose it's hard to find in the US. anyway, I'm really glad you like it
Old 02-17-2011, 10:46 AM   #30
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
there are small Asian stores in a lot of cities. also many regular markets have an "Asian" section (as well as Mexican). the rice noodles weren't that hard to find
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
terminator production