Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2016, 08:29 AM   #1
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura One
KA1 Natural Light - Rainbow Colors?

I saw this mentioned before by one other person, that when they use the natural (orange) light they see a rainbow of colors on their screen. I see it too, I see some oranges, yellows, greens. Very subtle but definitely there.

Just wondering if this is very common or just a select few of us are seeing this and it's a defect? Any input would be appreciated
CatherineStewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:15 AM   #2
Poodlemom1
Groupie
Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poodlemom1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Glow HD, Fire HD6, iPad Air 2, Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineStewart View Post
I saw this mentioned before by one other person, that when they use the natural (orange) light they see a rainbow of colors on their screen. I see it too, I see some oranges, yellows, greens. Very subtle but definitely there.

Just wondering if this is very common or just a select few of us are seeing this and it's a defect? Any input would be appreciated
Mine were not subtle. With the natural light off, I had purple and greenish-yellow blobs on the bottom of my screen. The higher the light the worse it was. It was almost impossible to read on. With the natural light on, the purple blobs were red. The left half of the screen was orange and the right side was more greenish. With the both lights off and using it outside the screen was beautiful.

Mine is going back today for an exchange. Hopefully the next one will be better.
Poodlemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:33 AM   #3
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!
CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CatherineStewart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's what mine looks like at various brightness and natural light settings. Sometimes it's worse than other times depending on the settings but the rainbow is alway there. Does this look normal?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	14329415_10157754864535157_1953818665_o.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	151622   Click image for larger version

Name:	14374601_10157754863985157_1551244711_o.jpg
Views:	654
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	151623   Click image for larger version

Name:	14303829_10157754866370157_158034608_o.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	151624   Click image for larger version

Name:	14374673_10157754866340157_2029072879_o.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	151625   Click image for larger version

Name:	14315935_10157754866325157_1727532417_o.jpg
Views:	626
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	151626  
Old 09-14-2016, 11:42 AM   #4
JKenP
Connoisseur
JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JKenP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Kobo iPhone Kindle 8 HD
Might be limited to those who've bore children.

Actually, it looks like a flaw/impurity in the glass that causes refraction.
JKenP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:56 AM   #5
WARPed1701D
WARPed1701D can read faster than his screen refreshesWARPed1701D can read faster than his screen refreshesWARPed1701D can read faster than his screen refreshesWARPed1701D can read faster than his screen refreshesWARPed1701D can read faster than his screen refreshesWARPed1701D can read faster than his screen refreshesWARPed1701D can read faster than his screen refreshesWARPed1701D can read faster than his screen refreshesWARPed1701D can read faster than his screen refreshesWARPed1701D can read faster than his screen refreshesWARPed1701D can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Aura One
Yours looks much better than mine. I have a large green blob at the bottom middle of my screen when using natural light. It only goes away if I turn the brightness up above 25% which isn't going to happen when I read in bed at 2% brightness.
WARPed1701D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:06 PM   #6
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPed1701D View Post
Yours looks much better than mine. I have a large green blob at the bottom middle of my screen when using natural light. It only goes away if I turn the brightness up above 25% which isn't going to happen when I read in bed at 2% brightness.
I read in bed at 1%. So I hear ya.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:17 PM   #7
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WARPed1701D View Post
Do you think mine looks normal or should I be going through the process of an exchange (I purchased directly from Kobo)
Old 09-14-2016, 12:46 PM   #8
UK2LV
UK2LV is less competitive than you.UK2LV is less competitive than you.UK2LV is less competitive than you.UK2LV is less competitive than you.UK2LV is less competitive than you.UK2LV is less competitive than you.UK2LV is less competitive than you.UK2LV is less competitive than you.UK2LV is less competitive than you.UK2LV is less competitive than you.UK2LV is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Kindle Voyage, Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Here's what mine looks like at various brightness and natural light settings. Sometimes it's worse than other times depending on the settings but the rainbow is alway there. Does this look normal?
I think mine looks about the same.
UK2LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:52 PM   #9
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Do you think mine looks normal or should I be going through the process of an exchange (I purchased directly from Kobo)
I'm afraid I might get one that's worse, so don't know what to do about it. Mine seems to have the bright orange glow at the bottom left of center. Does yours have two areas brighter at the bottom? Looks like it might. Mine is darker on the right, like the orange doesn't reach that far.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #10
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
I'm afraid I might get one that's worse, so don't know what to do about it. Mine seems to have the bright orange glow at the bottom left of center. Does yours have two areas brighter at the bottom? Looks like it might. Mine is darker on the right, like the orange doesn't reach that far.
Mine is worse in the bottom right and the very top middle. Kobo is sending me a new one with a return envelope to send back my old one AFTER I check the new one.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:22 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Looking at your copy of Dragonfly in Amber, I see paragraph spaces that should not be there. The copy I have does not have them. Look at your copyright page at the bottom. Mine shows v3.0_r16. What does your copy show? If it shows ant version earlier, then you have an old copy that has errors and not the current formatting.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:36 PM   #12
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Mine is worse in the bottom right and the very top middle. Kobo is sending me a new one with a return envelope to send back my old one AFTER I check the new one.
Thanks. I hope you receive it quickly and can tell us whether there's an improvement.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #13
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Looking at your copy of Dragonfly in Amber, I see paragraph spaces that should not be there. The copy I have does not have them. Look at your copyright page at the bottom. Mine shows v3.0_r16. What does your copy show? If it shows ant version earlier, then you have an old copy that has errors and not the current formatting.
It says v3.1 (it's an overdrive viewed copy)
Old 09-14-2016, 03:39 PM   #14
CatherineStewart
Mom, Wife, Reader!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
Thanks. I hope you receive it quickly and can tell us whether there's an improvement.
I will update for sure. They said I should have it in about 5-7 business days.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:18 PM   #15
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:

Base lighting is good, but the new night lighting still needs work. It definitely varies by how high light and natural light are, but I'm guessing most aren't a lot better than what you have. The natural light was my only disappointment with the A1.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote