Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-20-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
booksonthemove
Connoisseur
booksonthemove began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600 with latest Calibre and Linux Ubuntu-9.10
is it possible to make calibre just use one CPU?

My laptop overheats if both CPUs are used for a long time at once. Seems python seems to really exercise it. Maybe it's down to linux, I don't know. My desktop machine running freebsd never loads more than 1.00 when using calibre but linux can go up to 7 if I'm importing or converting lots of books.

What I'd like to do is to limit calibre's use to one processor. I notice in the preferences that I can limit it to the maximum number of processes on the machine, but that isn't really "limit" is it

Any clues please? I know the problem isn't really calibre's.
booksonthemove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->advanced
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert