Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-20-2014, 04:51 AM   #1
dillsandwitch
Enthusiast
dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.dillsandwitch can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura H20
Reader keeps freezing and other issues. Please help

Hi All,

I have had my T1 for a couple years now and haven't even given a though to upgrading to a newer one except for the last couple of days.

It keeps freezing and needing to be reset. the most common way it has been doing so is when turning a page the dictionary comes up on a word and i hit the back key to undo that and it gets stuck. has been doing this for the last couple days, more tan i can count.

the battery is half charged but i dont see how that could be an issue as i have never had this happen before when the dictionary comes up and i hit back to cancel it.

The firmware i have is 1.0.03.11140. should i update it to a newer version?

should i do a complete factory reset?

oh and its not rooted except for the slight change in the books.db to show recently read in the recently added bit.

any suggestions are appreciated.

thanks in advance
dillsandwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:49 AM   #2
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
Hmmmm " a slight change in the books db"?.. I had something similar happen... I fully charged it (overnight) I gave the screen a good clean .. did a soft reset... that seemed to fix it .. if not I would further suggest you hook it up to your pc/mac and delete the books you added just prior to the trouble starting just in case it is a malformed book .. the T1 is bad at handling bad files .. good luck ....
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2014, 04:17 AM   #3
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
My PRS-T1 is about 1.5 years old now and out of the blue about 3 weeks ago I started having the same problem. No damage to the device, no rooting on the device and device has never had a problem before.

My firmware is 1.0.04.12210

The problem seemed to only happen with the battery was reading as very low and seemed to be fixed by charging the battery. However now it is doing it even when batter has just been charged and is reading as full.

Most common freeze occurs when I try to use the dictionary. It freezes up trying to open the dictionary and usually has to be reset after that. Sometimes the reset takes about 10 minutes to go through

It is also now sometimes not being recognised when I hook it up to the computer to put books on it. When I disconnect it and reconnect it to get it to be recognised that sometimes works and sometimes freezes it up.

Is this likely to be a firmware problem or a battery problem?

I was going to update the firmware but read that there are problems with the latest firmware. Anyone know if these problems have been fixed? Is the latest firmware ok?

Any help greatly appreciated.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote