Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 03-15-2011, 02:19 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Newegg has JBLs back in stock

I see today that (contrary to rumor) Newegg has the black JBL back in stock, but it's $89.99 without any extras.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-010-_-Product
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:06 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, that lasted one day. They're out of stock again.
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Alright! Who bought it?!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:09 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Not Me! I already have four.

OT: I just tried out the DirecTV HD DVR feature that lets you search "YouTube" videos
on your TV. I used "jetbook" as the keyword for the search and was surprised how many
there were and how good they looked on my 100" screen.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
tomereader
Zealot
tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ectaco JBL, Archos 5, 7, 70, Kindle DXG, Craig 7, Vizio Vtab
Amazon has it in stock for $79.99 http://www.amazon.com/Ectaco-JBL-EN-...uct/B002Z6B4AC
tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Thanks tomereader! It just so happens that I have $70 in Amazon gift cards. I've been planning on buying some books, but maybe I should go ahead with this instead.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #7
tomereader
Zealot
tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ectaco JBL, Archos 5, 7, 70, Kindle DXG, Craig 7, Vizio Vtab
You are welcome GA Russell, I always check amazon first they _usually_ have the best price or if I combine with a two day super saver shipping special that usually beats the competitions combined sale price plus shipping cost

I used to then check Tiger Direct but am waiting to see how they are going to treat me after basically being "bait and switched" on that Archos 7 home tablet (refurbished) that they had advertised as having android 2.1 then it arriving with android 1.5 ... if they refund with no restocking fee then I guess I'll be happy
tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

I see that the Amazon/J&R price is now back up to $99.99.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #9
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (gifted), Ectaco Jetbook Lite
As of 3-24, both the JBL and the JBM are selling for $84.99 US.
demingite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #10
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

demingite, a click on tomereader's link still shows me $99.99. Where are you getting your number?

PS - OK, I see that you were talking of Newegg, and that they have them back in stock again.

Last edited by GA Russell; 03-24-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:47 PM   #11
demingite
Connoisseur
demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.demingite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro (gifted), Ectaco Jetbook Lite
Sorry about that, I meant to mention that Newegg has them again.
demingite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:00 AM   #12
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I see the gray one at newegg for 69.99. That's great! I wonder how annoying the battery bump is on that one. I wish I had gotten the regular Jetbook without the batteries (have the JBL).
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 12:15 AM   #13
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
I see the gray one at newegg for 69.99. That's great! I wonder how annoying the battery bump is on that one. I wish I had gotten the regular Jetbook without the batteries (have the JBL).
Hmm... I'm curious, what do you find annoying about the battery bump?

I kinda like having it there.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 07:42 AM   #14
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Ken, it is a nice thing to hold onto. But it is not symmetrical! I would have preferred they make the entire back thicker rather than just one part. It looks funny when you lay it flat. I know, its ridiculous of me.

Also if it was thin all over (instead of bumpy) it would slide into a pocket/purse easier. And I imagine without the batteries it would be much lighter, and therefore more portable.

But its a heck of a lot cheaper than the other one. So I'll just keep mine, bump and all.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 08:28 AM   #15
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Ken, it is a nice thing to hold onto. But it is not symmetrical! I would have preferred they make the entire back thicker rather than just one part. It looks funny when you lay it flat. I know, its ridiculous of me.

Also if it was thin all over (instead of bumpy) it would slide into a pocket/purse easier. And I imagine without the batteries it would be much lighter, and therefore more portable.

But its a heck of a lot cheaper than the other one. So I'll just keep mine, bump and all.
No argument from me either. I just don't appreciate asymmetrical things, so it is just ugly. Fortunately, it does what I want, so I have three.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote