Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 02-24-2017, 10:24 PM   #7666
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2 & 5, iPad mini, Surface 3
Cool Emily S. Whitten: Dresden Files’ Jim Butcher Talks Peace Talks

Read the rest of the interview here!

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2017, 03:00 AM   #7667
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Some nice info there, thanks Alan. I am not too sure reading about another series though...
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:09 AM   #7668
jcbemr
jcbemr began at the beginning.

Device: Marvin
Books yeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Harry Dresden is a down on his luck private investigating wizard! The only "real" wizard in Chicago, Ill. That fact alone usually leads him to trouble, if trouble doesn't find him first.

After reading the first 2 books, I find that I really like the "endless possibilities" feeling of the series, you're never sure just waht kind of supernatural being is going to pop up next. I mean who knew there were multiple flavors of werewolves!?!

I really like Harry (of course), although I find him to be quite frustrating at times. He's so stubborn about some things, and communication is definitely not his strong suit.

Karrin Murphy pisses me off makes me mad. She's just so...so... aarg!

I find "Bob" the disembodied something-thousand year old spirit, to be amusing.

Plus, I'm very curious to see how the whole frienemy thing works out with "Gentleman" Johnny Marcone.
its confusing
jcbemr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:14 AM   #7669
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300, PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbemr View Post
its confusing
What is confusing? The books? If so, what part? I am currently busy with another reread and will start today on 'Small Favor', one of my favorites.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 09:13 PM   #7670
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbemr View Post
its confusing
Where are you confused?

This has turned into one of my most favorite series!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 12:13 PM   #7671
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool Two Dresden Files Games On Preorder Now, Shipping In June

Last edited by Dr. Drib; Today at 08:36 AM.
Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM   #7672
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Interview with Jim Butcher

Quote:
Interview with Jim Butcher
„I was just writing dopey little wizard books.“

Phantastik-Couch.de: I’d like to start by asking you a little bit about yourself. Could you tell us a bit about you? Have you any profession besides writing? I heard something about you working formerly as a door-to-door salesman to pay the rent and a degree in English Literature?

Jim Butcher: I can’t think of any writers who begin their careers as a full-time author. Everyone has to work a day job before they can really get going on their own. Jumping from part-time writing to full-time writing is a major leap in an author’s career.

I started writing in 1991, didn’t make a sale until 1999, and didn’t actually have a book in print until 2000. I couldn’t support myself as a full-time writer until almost 2003. Between 1991 and 2003 I worked as a vacuum cleaner salesman, a clerk in a yogurt store, a secretary at my university, a librarian, a phone center operator, a freelance web designer, and a computer support technician. I was also writing books, going to school for my English degree, and being the main parent at home for my son while my wife worked as an engineer.

Phantastik-Couch.de:
Does it help studying literature when you decide to become an author?

Old Today, 03:28 AM   #7673
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post

Nice interview, thanks for sharing it Alan! I liked it - particularly the part of the Bob the Skull, the Talking Head, and it's origin. Jim really acted smart in creating this character.
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy