Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
furius
furius began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Detecting bookmarks as chapters on a PDF

Hello to all,
Is it possible to use bookmarks as a way of telling Calibre where a chapter starts on a PDF file?

As a default (at least that`s what happens to me) Calibre simple won't detect the Chapter strecuture of a PDF.

Even if the PDF file already has a table of contents with links to pages on a PDF, Calibre don`t detect them, or points them to cover page of the book.

If is possible to detect bookmarks as chapters how do I do it?
furius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:21 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Read this sticky post about PDFs and calibre.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
furius
furius began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Read this sticky post about PDFs and calibre.

Thank you for the reply. But the post you provided only mention my secondary question. About the table of contents.

Quote:
My PDF has a table of contents or links, but they weren't used during conversion
Calibre doesn't support the existing Table of Contents/links in a pdf, instead it uses a heuristical approach to guess where the appropriate chapter breaks are. This works well in some documents, but can produce poor results or false positives in other documents.

The article dosen`t mention anything about my main question that is how to convert bookmarks to chapters.
furius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 09:19 PM   #4
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by furius View Post
Thank you for the reply. But the post you provided only mention my secondary question. About the table of contents.

The article dosen`t mention anything about my main question that is how to convert bookmarks to chapters.
The article clearly says you can't do it. Bookmark = Link. Not supported...
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote